Is there a Saint you can pray to about bearing false witness against you?

Dear Friends,

I have had so many lies told against me for going on eight months and it is continuing pertaining to a Guardianship Case that I was involved in. Yesterday, I read what was put in an Application from an opposing Attorney that entered lies in his Application about me dealing with him four times so he could ask for payment. He is wanting $20,000 from my Father’s estate. I have not talked to this Attorney because he told me straight out that since he did not represent me, he could not talk me. I have two witnesses. When I read what he wrote on his Application, my stomach churned and I wanted to be sick and I cried. That is how I am reacting now. Being persecuted is not fun. I guess you would react the same if there were falsified info and lies told about you again, and again, and again and again and again. Eight months of enduring this has me weak. Especially since I’m disabled.

Is there a Saint I can pray to that takes care of this type of problem? (Lies) Please let me know if you know of a Saint. Would Joan of Arc be one?

Love ya’ll,
Sheila

Been there before. On a land case where the other side wanted to make me homeless, and give them over $100,000 in attorney fees. Went on for over 10 years. What the attorney wants to do is inflect as much punishment to you as he can. He knows you can’t keep up with your own attorney. You need to take a breath, sit back, and pray for him. That’s right! Pray for the attorney!

Then Pray to

The Blessed Virgin Mary
Saint Michael The Arch Angel
Saint Jude
Saint Therese of Lisieux
and any other saints you can think of.

Then sit back with all the paper works, a pad or 2 to write on. Read through everything and try to on one pad write all your information. Then on another pad write what the attorney has, and is trying to do.

The biggest thing you have to remember is the other attorney could care less about you. It’s nothing personal. All he wants is the money. And he’ll do anything to get it. If that means hurting your very being to no repair. So forget about him. But you have to put on your armor of Christ, with all the Saints, and all the Angels to carry you through this. Dot try to match the attorney tic for tat. You’ll fall into his trap. Only keep the truth. Keep your side truthful, and simple, so that the simplest of men can understand you. With Christ on your side your light will shine.

God Bless You, and Good Luck!

I’ll pray for you.

MS

ps: It took a while, but I, and we, made it through that case. The judges, it took several judges and trials, all said the other side were thieves, and their harshest judgment would be with the Heavenly Judge.

One more thing I found to help is to have a saying for the cause. Something you can hold on to. Something you show what you are about to the Judge, the attorney, and every one that is reading, hearing, and watching.

Just an example,

In The Name Of Jesus,
Mary,
and all the Saints,
all I want is the TRUTH!

in my case when I started using my saying the tide turned toward my direction, and the Truth came forward.

I’m here if you need me.

MS

Hugs to you dear friend,

I wrote you a reply before and couldn’t find it due to it being unfinished. But gladly will I start a new one.

Thank you for sharing your story. And I’m so sorry. Hugs to you. We don’t always understand the unfairness of it all when we suffer so much and others are made wealthy that are not heirs of their beloved family members we are trying to help get away from situations detrimental to their mental and physical capacity. Personally, I am struggling with this so much when my bills can’t be paid and I’m scared. And don’t know if I should resent this but I do very much and still know God will take care of me. But alas I also struggle with resentment and anger knowing that an opposing Attorney is receiving $20,000 of my Daddy’s money, another is receiving over 7, 000 and another received 3,500.00. And all I’m asking is for my $500,00 which Daddy told me when he got married and before all of this strife happened that he would continue to help me when he got married. Now, the third party is telling me that takes care of Daddy’s money that my Daddy cannot take care of me. An heir, his disable child who didn’t do anything to deserve this. Thus, the resentment. And I have many new illnesses because of this livelihood.

I know I should let go and let God and put that resentment at the foot of the cross and leave it. Yet, being in dire straits cause me to hang on to it. And sorrowful I do so.

All I want is to be comfortable, be able to pay bills each month and not be so isolated where no one comes see me except for one person. I can’t see my Daddy which makes me cry and grieve like he has died.

Thank you for wanting to help me and you are so kind. Oh, I’m praying against slander every day.

:heart:
Sheila

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen***

I thought about your post today as I prayed morning prayer from the breviary for this date. These psalms, among others, were my most earnest prayers while in the heat of battle, and maybe they will bring you comfort.

Psalm 119:145-152
XIX (Koph)

I call with all my heart; Lord, hear me,
I will keep your commands.
I call upon you, save me
and I will do your will.
I rise before dawn and cry for help,
I hope in your word.
My eyes watch through the night
to ponder your promise. [see below]
In your love hear my voice, O Lord;
give me life by your decrees.
Those who harm me unjustly draw near;
they are far from your law.
But you, O Lord, are close,
your commands are truth.
Long have I known that your will
is established for ever.

Canticle – Exodus 15:1-4a, 8-13, 17-18
Hymn of victory after the crossing of the Red Sea

I will sing to the Lord, for he is gloriously triumphant;
horse and chariot he has cast into the sea.
My strength and my courage is the Lord,
and he has been my savior.
He is my God, I praise him;
the God of my father, I extol him.
The Lord is a warrior,
Lord is his name!
Pharaoh’s chariots and army he hurled into the sea.
At a breath of your anger the waters piled up,
the flowing waters stood like a mound,
the flood waters congealed in the midst of the sea.
The enemy boasted, “I will pursue and overtake them;
I will divide the spoils and have my fill of them;
I will draw my sword;
my hand shall despoil them!”
When your wind blew, the sea covered them;
like lead they sank in the mighty waters.
Who is like you among the gods, O Lord?
Who is like you, magnificent in holiness?
O terrible in renown, worker of wonders,
when you stretched out your right hand, the earth swallowed them!

As I prayed about my legal situation, the words from Jeremiah 1:17-19 were brought to my mind, and I considered them to be a promise from the Lord.

But do you gird your loins; stand up and tell them all that I command you. Be not crushed on their account, as though I would leave you crushed before them; :heaven:
for it is I this day who have made you a fortified city, a pillar of iron, a wall of brass against the whole land. They will fight against you, but not prevail over you, for I am with you to deliver you, says the Lord.

Though things looked very bleak, I kept trusting in His promise and placing myself in His care, often reciting such psalms as those above. Sure enough, as of this date, my adversary has not prevailed against me. My attorney has used much wisdom to counter all the threats my family member hurled at me.

I will keep you in prayer. Stand firm, trust, and ask your daddy to pray with you, too.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.