Is there a story

Why did you choose your user name for CAF? I bet there are some interesting stories behind the scenes…
I chose Petra because I feel a connection to Simon Peter. It’s not that I’m a fisher of men. But, he is so human and honest with his feelings about Jesus. He recognizes the fact that Jesus is the son of God, the Christ. Yet, when Jesus tells the apostles he has to go to Jerusalem and suffer and die, Peter says “Never Lord” and Jesus tell him he is thinking in human terms and get behind him. And how about at the transfiguration? Jesus takes Peter, James and John to the mountain and there they see Moses and Elijah. Peter says “Lord, it’s good for us to be here. Let us build three tents, one for you and Moses and Elijah.” Then THE VOICE of God the Father says “This is my beloved son. Hear him.” (Loosely translated)
I just visualize the picture of Peter trying to putting Jesus on the same level with Moses and Elijah, and God the Father setting him straight in no uncertain terms…
I guess I’d like to be as close to Jesus as Peter was, listening and working and praying day in and day out… so that I could say with St. Peter, "Lord, (wash) not only my feet, but also my hands and my head.

What’s the story behind your user name for CAF?

I like plastic fish!

Cruce signati is Latin for “marked with a cross”. Since I am usually the only one in the family who wears a cross regularly, I thought this might be a fitting title.

Then again, WonderWomanExtraordinaire could work too…:smiley:

Avila short for St Therese of Avila. I liked her blunt commonsense and using the name helps to remind me to keep my feet on the ground and to look for the right perspective. I know she was a great mystic (I do not seek that) and could levitate (I wish I could levitate a centimeter or two as our church kneelers are so hard)
The numbers 123 were used to get the name to the length needed and they help remind me to focus on 1 God, 2 Jesus and 3 The Holy Spirit.

I’m a cat person and most of my cats have been tabbies, so ‘tabycat’. By the time I realized I had mis-spelled the name it was to late to change it the right spelling. :smiley:

It’s my alter ego cowboy name :stuck_out_tongue: We do a lot of historical reenactment and teaching :smiley:

Like the ones we got at the fish booth playing at the school bazaar when we were kids???

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.