Is there a verse(s) that proves the existence of saints?

There’s some references to saints in heaven, specially in Revelation. But it was said to me that those ‘‘saints in heaven’’ are ALL souls that are in heaven…

God bless for all your help!

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I have heard that all who are in heaven are concidered to be saints. In order to be in heaven you have to be pure and cleaned without any sin.

There are those saints that the church has declared to be in heaven, but as far as I know all who are in heaven are saints.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us”

‘‘saints in heaven’’ are ALL souls that are in heaven…"

Yes.

You seem to answer your own question.

Peterk

I don’t understand the question. Every person who lived on earth and passed and is in Heaven is a Saint. The Church has been able to recognize a few of them. But there will be all the others we don’t know by name.

The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of the saints, went up before God from the angel’s hand. Rev 8:4.

I meant to ask where in the bible proves the canonized saints by the church. for what I know those are ‘closer’ to God. but that said sounds like there’s an hierarchy in heaven. in heaven everyone is close to God and everyone can intercede for us. so how to defend the canonization of saints? when it started?

[quote="fabio_rocha, post:7, topic:312031"]
I meant to ask where in the bible proves the canonized saints by the church. for what I know those are 'closer' to God. but that said sounds like there's an hierarchy in heaven. in heaven everyone is close to God and everyone can intercede for us. so how to defend the canonization of saints? when it started?

[/quote]

Canonization is simply recognition. That's all, it doesn't mean a thing beyond that, certainly not that these folks are "closer" to God than Fred's Aunt Mathilda who may also be a Saint.

Is there hierarchy in Heaven? I should think so, otherwise why would there be levels, as Saint Paul described?

To answer your specific question, in the account we call the Transfiguration, Peter et al go up on the mountain with Jesus and see Elijah and Moses. They recognize them. I think it's a fairly safe assumption they are not in hell or purgatory. They are alive and well and come to talk to Jesus in the Light. That's essentially Canonization: recognizing specific people are in Heaven. Paul talks about the cloud of witnesses. People in Heaven.

There are plenty of people in Heaven the Church has never recognized. Saints aren't there because the Church says so, they are there and the Church confirms it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.