Is there an order dedicated to / formed by Saint Thomas Aquinas?

I was wondering if Saint Thomas Aquinas had his own order / what order he was in?

Also, can anybody please provide me a list of different orders and provide me information for each of them? (Ie: Franciscans, Dominicans, Redemptorists, Jesuits, Cistercians, Augustinians what each order “specializes” in.) Thanks.

St Thomas Aquinas was a member of the Dominican Order (Order of Preachers). He did not form any new order.

Do a google search on any of the orders if you are interested in them.

Thank you. Can I get a full list of them?

[quote="LilyM, post:2, topic:318658"]
St Thomas Aquinas was a member of the Dominican Order (Order of Preachers). He did not form any new order.

Do a google search on any of the orders if you are interested in them.

[/quote]

[quote="TemplarKnight1, post:3, topic:318658"]
Thank you. Can I get a full list of them?

[/quote]

Probably not, as their are a huge number of recognized religious orders and institutes.

As Lily noted, if you are interested in the spirituality of St. Thomas Aquinas, that would be the Dominicans.

Their charism is study and preaching authentic Truth, their official name is the Order of Preachers - Ordo Praedicatorum in Latin.

They have several Provinces (administrative units) within the US.

This would be a good place to start,

ordopraedicatorum.org/

It's a good research for investigating the charism of the Dominicans. At the very least, they could direct you to the province in your area.

[quote="Brendan, post:4, topic:318658"]
Probably not, as their are a huge number of recognized religious orders and institutes.

As Lily noted, if you are interested in the spirituality of St. Thomas Aquinas, that would be the Dominicans.

Their charism is study and preaching authentic Truth, their official name is the Order of Preachers - Ordo Praedicatorum in Latin.

They have several Provinces (administrative units) within the US.

This would be a good place to start,

ordopraedicatorum.org/

It's a good research for investigating the charism of the Dominicans. At the very least, they could direct you to the province in your area.

[/quote]

Brendan, I can't get your sheep to copy, but this (Greensleeves parody) sprung to mind when I saw them…

Green sheep are my delight
Green sheep are my heart of gold
Green sheep are my heart of joy
And none but my line of green sheep.

Blessings,
Cloisters

St.Thomas Aquinas was a dominican.There is I believe an order named the Dominican Sisters of St.Thomas Aquinas.You may have to google them.I don’t think they have any convents in the US.Don’t know of any mens orders named for him.

Dominicans are the order of teachers and preachers.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.