Is there any link between high fat diets and Breast Cancer?

Is there any link between high fat diets and Breast Cancer?

I have heard things, like, "there are more incidences of Breast Cancer/1000 women in countries that where people have a higher fat intake and diet". Is anyone aware of documents or studies that point to this or dispute it?

cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/CRI_2_4_2X_What_are_the_risk_factors_for_breast_cancer_5.asp

This article lists “high-fat diets” under the category “Factors with uncertain, controversial, or unproven effect on breast cancer risk”…

HTH!

Uncertain is, indeed, the best way to categorize the relationship between dietary fat and breast cancer.

Here is something from the JAMA:

jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/295/6/629

There is, however, at least some thought that gaining weight after adolescence can contribute to breast cancer, so the best bet is to exercise and eat a well balanced healthy diet from the get-go.

health.usnews.com/usnews/health/healthday/071022/weight-gain-increases-breast-cancer-risk-study.htm

msnbc.msn.com/id/33683092/

This was an article on msnbc.com about a month ago. I don’t know how accurate it is, but it’s an interesting read anyway.

Some interesting (and controversial) reading...

The Skinny on Fats

A study of Puerto Ricans revealed that, although they consume large amounts of animal fat, they have a very low incidence of colon and breast cancer.(20)

The only conclusion I can draw from reading all the different research is that the data supports the opinion of whoever is funding the research.:p

[quote="msugeotech, post:6, topic:179358"]
The only conclusion I can draw from reading all the different research is that the data supports the opinion of whoever is funding the research.:p

[/quote]

:rotfl:

Ain't it the truth?!

I know...or knew...a lot of thin women who have a healthy diet who have been/were diagnosed with breast cancer. It's a demonic disease and I don't think it reads the "research." It just goes after whoever it wants.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.