Is there anything wrong with spiritual canopy or spiritual hedge Spiritual Warfare Prayers?

Hey everyone. I have a prayer book full of Spiritual Warfare prayers. Well, there are a few prayers that involve things called Spiritual Canopy and Spiritual Hedge. Are these types of prayers okay to pray? Is there anything wrong with them?

I am not familiar with these exact prayers, but the only caution I have heard is not to engage demonic forces directly or personally, but rather to ask the Lord to do so.

Oh okay. So asking the Lord to form a sort of spiritual canopy or hedge of protection around you or your parish is okay then?

Certainly! It is actually something that each of us should ask for out of love of our brothers and sisters in Christ.

I wanted to thank you Po18guy for the answer to my post. I am sorry that I did not reply sooner than this. I often forget about the threads I’ve created. :blush:

Not to worry! We all need a spiritual canopy shielding us from the evil one. It is akin to the spiritual armor that Saint Paul wrote of in Ephesians 6.

Holly, look at spiritual warfare prayer #7 in this link: catholicwarriors.com/pages/warfare_prayers.htm

Ooh, I’ve never been to catholicwarriors.com, that’s my kind of page!

Spiritual warfare prayers work. I had to rely on one a few years back and received immediate assistance. Here are some links to additional prayer sites and resources:

www.ourcatholicprayers.com

catholicwarriors.com/pages/warfare_prayers.htm

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=7228596

catholicprayerstotheworld.blogspot.com/

domestic-church.com/CONTENT.DCC/19980901/SCRMNTL/WARFARE.HTM

straymonds.org/prayers/index.html#SPIRITUAL_WARFARE_PRAYER

valentinepublishinghouse.com/ (This site has a booklet for sale
of spiritual warfare prayers.)

ourcatholicprayers.com/the-saint-michael-prayer.html

I like the spiritual warfare (catholic warrior) website and use the prayers often…

Here’s an extra one for your list…

saint-mike.org/warfare/library/

saint-mike.org/warfare/library/spiritual-warfare-prayer-catalog

Prayer for a Spiritual Canopy

Dear Lord Jesus, please forgive me for all the times I have not submitted to your will in my life. Please forgive me for all my sinful actions, making agreements with the enemy, and for believing the devil’s lies. I now submit to you as my Lord, dear Jesus. Now I break every agreement that I have made with the enemy.

Lord Jesus, please have your warring angels remove and bind to the abyss all demons and their devices that had access to me because I believed their lies. I now ask you to establish a hedge of protection around me, over me and under me, and seal it with your blood, Lord Jesus Christ.

I now choose to put on the full armor of God and ask that you cleanse me and seal me, body, mind, soul and spirit, with your blood, Lord Jesus Christ. Please have your warring angels bind up and remove all demons, their devices, and all their power from within this protective hedge and have them sent to the abyss.

Please have your warriors destroy all demonic, occult or witchcraft assignments directed against me including all backups and replacements. Please have your warriors remove all trafficking people and send them back to their own bodies and seal them there with your blood, Lord Jesus Christ. Please have your angels stand guard over me and protect me from all the attacks of the enemy. Amen

Thank you Po18guy. That prayer is very similar to the one in my spiritual warfare prayer book. Has the Church ever said anything at all about canopy and hedge prayers? I am just a little nervous about using such prayers because they sound similar to how a Wiccan casts a “circle”.

Remember that a wiccan casts a circle by evoking(summoning or calling forth) a deity or spirit, where as Christians invoke(call upon, call for aid through). They do not control God, only ask God to do things and he does it of their own will. There is a great deal of difference in a spell and a prayer.

Yes that is true Bmullins. When we Christians ask God to do something, we are asking Him to do it but we certainly are not controlling Him. God does it of His own will. Thank you very much for explaining this to me.

The wiccans only copy and pollute true faith - that is how the devil works. Fear not! God knows your heart and your purpose is from above, not below.

Yes, God knows our hearts. :slight_smile: I definitely have no evil purpose in praying to the one and only true God! I only want what His will is to be done for His will is infinitely perfect in every way. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.