Is there Catholic funding for vasectomy reversal?

Good Afternoon,
I have been married for 5 years to my husband. We were married in 2006 in a catholic ceremony and my husband recently went back home to the church; he is the happiest I have seen him in years. My husband had a vasectomy before we got married. We are both wanting to start a family and want to get the vasectomy reversed. Me and my husband were wanting to know if there is catholic funding in the medical field in order to get the Vasectomy reversed. My husband knows this was a sin against the church and wants nothing more than to reconcile this. We are wanting a family so bad from the bottom of our hearts and just wanted to know if there are medical clinics offering services to Catholics:)

Thank you,
Stephanie

Hi,

Not that I know of. But know that the operation isn't always successful with the possibility of difficult side effects and is highly unpleasant to go through. They don't tell you this up front when you have the first operation. As you know, the Church does not require the reversal. You are in our prayers.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.