Is there ever a point where God just doesn't care about you anymore?

Like, where you just sin and sin and sin and don’t care about life or God, does he still care about you or even love you?

no, his love is without bounds :smiley:

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Jesus’s greatest sorrows and pains during His passion were when he “felt” those who had fallen the farthest away from God. I believe this may have been from the Diary of St. Faustina (you know the Divine Mercy story). So I think even the souls of the “evil” are probably still on His mind but put in some place where like us, we all hide painful losses.

So to answer your question, NO.

Well, everyone will TELL you he cares
but I have serious doubts.

“The only thing that counts is not what human beings want to try to do, but the mercy of God.” [Romans 10:16] **
“It is by God’s grace that you have been saved, through faith. It is not your own doing, but God’s gift.”[Ephesians 2:8-9]* *
“As I live, says the Lord God, I swear I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked man, but rather in the wicked man’s conversion, that he may live.” [Ezekiel 33:11]*
“I shall cleanse you of all your defilement and all your idols. I shall give you a new heart, and put a new spirit in you…I shall put my spirit in you…You shall be my people and I shall be your God.” [Ezekiel 36:25-26, 29]* “I will smelt away your dross in the furnace; I will remove all your base metal from you.”* *[Isaiah 1:25]
“I live in a high and holy place, but I am also with the contrite and humbled spirit, to give the humble new life…I will heal and console him.” says the Lord God.” [Isaiah 57:15, 18]

[FONT=Bookman Old Style][FONT=Verdana]**“If the greatest sinner should repent at the moment of his death, and draw his last breath in an act of love, neither the many graces he had abused, nor the multiplied crimes he had committed, would stand in his way. Our Lord would see nothing, count nothing, but the sinner’s last prayer, and without delay He would receive him into the arms of His mercy.” **(Saint Therese of Lisieux) [/FONT]
[/FONT]

Prodigal

Father, like the prodigal son, I squander gifts of my eternal inheritance. Like him, I spiral into deprivation and alienation.

Yet the ‘prodigal son’ possessed something that I do not. He bore memories of his father, his loving home and his former comfort. I have no memories of You, only hearsay and promises, books and teachings. I have no memories of my heavenly home, only those of my life upon earth with its pleasures and its sorrows.

Would I, knowing God, have departed from You and our home? Yet I do not know You and I often depart from You. In my humiliation, I return to You, still incapable of appreciating Your love.

Hungry and desperate, I stumble towards You with little merit in my return. I carefully formulate my entreaty upon Your mercy, saying, “Father, I am not worthy to be Your child. Let me be as a hired servant that I may eat, drink, and have shelter, and that my wounds may heal, and I may live.”
I cannot comprehend the depth of Your parental love for me. Scripture assures me of Your unconditional love, yet in my repentance as in my disobedience, I am ignoble still. Because of Your nature and in spite of mine, I call upon Your merciful love. Let me become, and remain, worthy of such a Father

Our God, You sent Your Son* “into the world, not to condemn the world, but so that through Him the world might be saved. No one who believes in Him will be condemned.”* [John 3:17-18]
You assure us through Isaiah, our God,
*“I have dispelled your faults like a cloud *
*your sins like a mist *
Come back to me, for I have redeemed you.” [Isaiah 44:22]
Furthermore, You proclaim:
*“Happy those whose crimes are forgiven, whose sins are blotted out; happy the man whom the Lord considers sinless.” [Psalm 31:1-2] For through Your Son, You have “cancelled every record of the debt that we had to pay; He has done away with it by nailing it to the cross.” *[Colossians 2:14-15]

Therefore, our God it is not presumptuous to ask that we may be healed of our faults and freed from our sin. Indeed, You have said:
*“No need to recall the past, *
*no need to think about what was before. *
*See I am doing a new deed, *
even now, it comes to light; can you not see it?
*Yes, I am making a road in the wilderness, *
paths in the wild.” [Isaiah 43:18-19]

Although we must strive through the Spirit to walk the way of Your Son, You assure us that we are not alone or dependent upon our efforts alone:
“For I, … your God,
I am holding you by the right hand;
*I tell you, do not be afraid, I will help you. *
Do not be afraid…poor worm…
the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer.” [Isaiah 41:13-14]
*“*Victory and power and empire for ever have been won by our God and all authority for His Christ, now that the persecutor, who accused our brethren day and night before our God, has been brought down. They have triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb.” **[Apocalypse 12:10-12]

that sounds a bit sad!
A thought from my journal, written at a time I felt like that…
But God does love you, though. I will pray that you will have experience of His love, especially through those who allow God to love through them!

O Silent God

Our God, we pray to You for others and ourselves, and sometimes it seems, if only for a time, a time of awful pain and loneliness, that no one is listening, that You are not there.

Many have turned away, disappointed and bitter, that You have not answered their urgent prayer, their painful need for self and for others. There is no satisfactory human answer to their challenge, whatever one might say of Your ways, Your time, because their anguish or their anger is the reality they experience.

Dear God, You need no reminder, but my humanness leads me to remind You that we are human in our minds and hearts and bodies. We have little or no actual sense or knowledge of ourselves as spirit. If You seem not to touch us as human beings living in a physical world that we acutely experience, then some of us falter in faith and hope. I pray for them with all my heart and life.

O silent God let us hear Your voice in the words of others, and let us be Your love spoken to them. Yet may I ask that You also speak directly to their hearts and minds with unmistakeable Love even where we cannot detect the action of Your Spirit in ourselves or in others. Speak to them in their last moments, if not before.

Please be mindful of our needs, and nurture us as we pray and seek Your healing and care. Embrace all who have lost their hope in God and prayer.

He will always love and care about you. That doesn’t mean you won’t receive justice if you don’t repent. I think we all have to our dying breath to beg forgiveness. I just think it isn’t smart to wait until the last minute. The sinner would also have to be of contrite heart.

Yes, He loves even those that despise him. Just like a loving parent who still loves their child even after they have gone astray and perhaps will never come back home to them.

God loves us all more than anyone can know this side of Heaven. It’s when we fall and don’t want to get back up when we don’t feel His presence and then doubt if He even exists. But He’s there, and He loves us. He just gives us the choice to leave Him and he will not interfere with the free will He gave us. There are those of us who will search our whole lives for happiness without even once finding it… because we weren’t looking for God, we were looking to satisfy our own desires. When we truly search for God, we will find Him, and that’s when we will find true happiness and joy.

Take if from a major sinner who turned back to God and eventually found happiness and contentment with life. Not that life won’t give you lemons, however. But you can handle them better with God. God is the answer if you are searching for joy and happiness.

NO!

God will always care about you but he may not be able to save you from your own desires but he will still love you and care for you and grieve for your loss.

When you face a situation where you have two people you love dearly but the actions of one prevent them from being in “communion” as a family with others you also love you have to push them away. You still love all and it hurts you very much. Because you love them all you have no choice but to seperate out the one that harms the others.

Its a dreadful spot to be but it does give you an understanding.

I think it was Sister Mary Faustina Kowalska that once said:

“There is no sin greater than the mercy of God.”

God always loves and cares for us.
It is we who often reject his love and abandon him. Never the other way round.

You have, in just a few days, gone from I want to leave the CC and become Assembly of God to …I doubt God cares

So, it’s pretty obvious that your problem is really not in the CC, it’s with your faith in God to begin with…you need to work on that and even if it means you go to Assembly of God, throw up your arms, shout and get the Holy Spirit, by all means, do so!

In my prayers,
Dana

Short answer - NO.

Long answer - NOOOOO.

:smiley:

God is love and His essence as Love is immutable. Only we can change our love for Him. We either move closer or farther away from Him. He cannot move. For God to move he would have to leave a place where He was to place where He was not. God is contant and cannot love you “more” or “less” at any time since He is not in time and cannot change.

So, to answer your question we can never use a “point” in time to describe the actions of God. He does not live in a “point” in time. He is the Eternal Now and His essence of love can never change. So only you can move away from God. He can never move away from you. No there is never a point where God just doesn’t care about you…God bless you…teachccd :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.