Is there one type of music that makes you feel "at home" when you hear?

Is there one type of music that makes you feel “at home” when you hear? I like country and rock and some other kinds but nothing makes me feel like I am getting back to my roots except old country music. Stuff Hank sr and jr and Johnny Cash and others (note I was NOT alive back then I was born in 86 lol)

Stay-at-Home Dad of 3… is me!

I was raised on classical music, big band and the standard crooners and others from the 30-50’s era of music. I had my “rebellious” time of rock music then came back to appreciate classical music so much more. I often reminence about my childhood, being at home at listening to music and how my father enjoys it so much. Needless to say I have a substantial collection of classical music today on LP and CD. Thanks Dad… I Love You

Paul

Tejano or conjunto music.

Anything by Ramon Ayala or Roberto Pulido.

It won’t matter where I’m at, makes me feel right at home!

and of course, you’ve got to throw the gritos out there as you listen! :smiley:

Oldies (50’s, 60’s, and some 70’s). It was the only kind of music my parents could agree on in the car and thus - all we listened to when we went anywhere as a family. :thumbsup:

70’s soft rock does it for me.
Kathy

Celtic harp music and cradle songs.

classical music, esp. symphonies, takes me back to falling asleep on the couch listing to dad’s hi-fi, or sitting on his lap as a small girl at DSO outdoor concerts at the Fair Grounds bandshell at 7 mile and Woodward ave. only a couple of miles from home, we would head out for free concerts the way some families loaded up the station wagon to go to the drive-in movies (something my dad rejected utterly).

me too and any Irish music, reels, jigs, and ballads, etc…

blues, irish music also, jazz. But most especially blues as:-

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel”-Jimi Hendrix

ditto here, anything Irish, esp. The Chieftains and Dropkick Murphys (yeah i know, quite different in a lot of ways)

Also, my moms favorite trio of singers, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Bing Crosby. :smiley:

Upbeat pop music, esp. from the 1960s. My idea of the perfect pop song is the Beach Boys’ “God Only Knows”, if that gives you any indication. The Left Banke’s “Walk Away Renee” is amazing, as is the Beatles’ “Ticket to Ride”, Simon and Garfunkel’s “The Sound of Silence” and pretty much anything from Motown Records.

I blame my parents. :smiley: They raised me on the 50s-60s radio stations and their old vinyl LPs.

Bluegrass.

Country.

Also children’s piano pieces that I played when I was little (e.g., Fur Elise, Bach 2-part inventions, Revolutionary Etude, Mozart’s Sonata in C, and of course, the Spinning Song!).

Old hymns, especially the Phillip Bliss and Fanny Crosby hymns.

Ralph Carmichael’s He’s Everything To Me.

It is northern NM spanish music which has a sound all its own. It is sung in our native langage spanglish :wink: :smiley: . AH it makes me want to go home.:o

Sousa marches. I was a band geek in high school, and I’m still playing in a municipal concert band to this day.

Metal!

Ray Charles…song ‘Georgia’

Marty Robbins’ classic “El Paso” starts me on a crying jag… and, good grief, I only live a hundred miles away and go back home every two weeks to see my folks!

oh I like born in the USA :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.