Is this a Calling, when in your dreams, Jesus says, "Follow me"?

I saw in one of my dreams, Jesus walking across a lake that was supposedly behind the
Church. In it Jesus said to me, "Follow me".

Now I don't know if he meant, like Peter across the lake to test my faith, or was it a
Vocational calling?

About 8 years ago, when I lived at an apartment complex and they had a pool there,
in my dream, Jesus called me to follow him across the pool, in which I did, but towards
the end of the pool I said to myself, this is impossible, I am walking on water, no sooner
than I said that, do I begin to sink. But I feel this power descending out of me from the
space between my eyebrows slowly reaching my chest area, by that time I was ankle
deep in the water, Jesus looked at me with his right hand outstretched and said, "Have
Faith", from which I closed my eyes and focused on that power raising up to where it was
before it had fallen when I doubted, I felt it raise up within me, I felt my feet coming out of
the water, and I was able to make it across the water onto the sidewalk. I looked at Jesus
and he said, "You got it".

Jesus calls us all to "follow him." Is Jesus calling you to a religious vocation? If He is, then He will certainly make it clear to you, so keep asking Him for light on the matter.

God Bless you!

[quote="Catholic_Prime, post:1, topic:284608"]
I saw in one of my dreams, Jesus walking across a lake that was supposedly behind the
Church. In it Jesus said to me, "Follow me".

Now I don't know if he meant, like Peter across the lake to test my faith, or was it a
Vocational calling?

About 8 years ago, when I lived at an apartment complex and they had a pool there,
in my dream, Jesus called me to follow him across the pool, in which I did, but towards
the end of the pool I said to myself, this is impossible, I am walking on water, no sooner
than I said that, do I begin to sink. But I feel this power descending out of me from the
space between my eyebrows slowly reaching my chest area, by that time I was ankle
deep in the water, Jesus looked at me with his right hand outstretched and said, "Have
Faith", from which I closed my eyes and focused on that power raising up to where it was
before it had fallen when I doubted, I felt it raise up within me, I felt my feet coming out of
the water, and I was able to make it across the water onto the sidewalk. I looked at Jesus
and he said, "You got it".

[/quote]

Were you experiencing trials at the time of the second dream?

Are you experiencing trials at the present moment?

The second dream sounds like the call to contemplation in a world of action. His power can come to you only if you concentrate/contemplate Him.

Seeming to be behind a church could mean a parish ministry of some kind. Have you been feeling drawn to do something at the parish?

Let's work on what's at hand. If He wants you to be something else, one thing may lead to another.

Blessings,
Cloisters

Trials, what’s that?
It was this Parish

I personally would not take this as a Divine Calling right off the bat. Obviously you should pray about it and continue to meditate on what Vocations the Lord may be calling you to. If you continue to have these types of dreams, I'd recommend seeing a Spiritual Director who would be able to help you discern what these dreams may possibly mean & how God may be working in your life (and more specifically in your dreams).

Personally, I would take little notice of dreams despite content unless first subjecting it all to a good spiritual director. And most good spiritual directors would consult over a period of time before any advice is conveyed especially perhaps re dreams. They can have many causes and sometimes a quite religious type dream can merely mean that the person who dreams is a religious person, while the understanding of the dream is not necessarily related to religion. Not always of course, but a potential to consider.

Sounds like either He is trying to get you to trust Him, or you're called to a religous vocation.

Have you considered that it is a dream?

There is no fume without fire!

God in general uses different ways to call us. I think you must not neglect your dreams.
One day i had a dream about my conversion, and since that time i changed totally my life and i decided to follow Jesus. I had the same dream three time, so many times like you.

I trust in God and i took the initiative to follow what i saw in my dreams and today i’m not disappointed. It’s my advice for you today.

God Bless You.

leandresz.com/en/

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.