Is this a good Latin translation of St. Maximilian Kolbe's modified Miraculous Medal prayer?

I’m interested in the Miraculous Medal prayer, the original Latin version of the prayer is apparently Regina sine labe originali concepta, ora pro nobis, which basically translates to “Queen conceived without original sin, pray for us.” Saint Maximilian Kolbe came up with his own version of the Miraculous Medal prayer, a modified version of which is “O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to Thee, and all those who do not have recourse to Thee, especially all enemies of the Church, and all those recommended to Thee!” Would a good Latin rendition of this prayer be, Regina sine labe originali concepta, ora pro nobis, et inimicos nostros, “Queen conceived original sin, pray for us, and our enemies?”

I used Google Translate for this attempted rendition by the way, I don’t know Ecclesial Latin, although I do know quite a few prayers in Latin and would love to learn more.

It looks okay to me, but a bit clunky. That said, I don’t know much Latin.

1 Like

It should be inimicis nostris - the same grammatical case as “nobis” and same endings.

1 Like

Would hostibus be a good word for enemy?

2 Likes

Yes! That is a good option too.

1 Like

With hostibus, would I still end in nostris?

1 Like

That is correct :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.