Is this a mortal sin

Hi there.

In the church where I go to confession they normally use a room for hearing confessions. They have moved to the use of an old style confession box which is really cramped.

I had some amusing thoughts about the new type of confessional - not about the sacrament itself. I also was thinking that I would prefer the old room and used a swear word in my head while thinking of the new arrangements. Is it a mortal sin. I was thinking of the physical location and not the sacrament itself.

Do you think if you died now, that your damning action would be that you did not like the movement of the confessional? That God would send you to an eternal hell for that?

I think you may have scrupulosity issues.

You need to talk to a priest, not strangers on the internet to take an inventory of your conscience.

NO.

Seriously, no! What on Earth would give you that impression?!

Not mortal. If you want to know why, review the three conditions of mortal sin given in the Catechism:

1857 For a sin to be mortal, three conditions must together be met: “Mortal sin is sin whose object is grave matter and which is also committed with full knowledge and deliberate consent.”

No, it’s not.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.