Is this a sign?

I've been toying with the idea of going back to school. I prayed about it. I really don't want to go back to school. Finally, I asked God to send me roses if He wanted me to go back to school. The next day one of my Protestant aunts sent me a "Spiritual Rose" and a picture of St. Theresa. Then one of my sisters sent me a spiritual rose. I thought it was a coincidence because it was close to St. Theresa's feast day. A week later a friend e-mailed me a picture of a rose and told me to have a great day. It could still be a coincidence. A week after that I went to a function where the students gave their mothers a white rose.
It could still be a coincidence, right?

:thumbsup:To me i would take this as a sign. Will going back to school benefit you? most probably yes. So is it a win win situation? I had a chance of going back when i was younger and did not i have to say that i regret it now. I am a chef and at work where i live we take the work when we get it as i live in a small town. In the summer we get bus tours and the enjoyment of cooking melts away and i feel like it is a grind but its a job and i get on with it. Had i have gone back to school i may have been qualified to do another skilled job. Good luck with your decision. God Bless

Let’s see here, I count four “coincidences” in the above. Statistically such a set of coincidence would be HIGHLY unlikely.

You asked - God answered. Now it is just for you to respond to his answer.

Peace
James

Sounds to me like the sign you requested but you don't like the form it came in. I always say be careful what you ask for because you just might get it. Being that you were so specific you now don't want to believe that God has answered your prayers.:confused:

Reminds me of the joke about the guy whose property was flooding. As the flood waters were rising, he prayed for God to save him. The man stood on the stoop of his house and another man in a row boat came by. The man in the row boat told the man on the stoop to get in and he'd save him. The man on the stoop said, no, he had faith in God and would wait for God to save him. The flood waters kept rising and the man had to go to the second floor of his house. A man in a motor boat came by and told the man in the house to get in because he had come to rescue him. The man in the house said no thank you. He had perfect faith in God and would wait for God to save him. The flood waters kept rising. Pretty soon they were up to the man's roof and he got out on the roof. A helicopter then came by, lowered a rope and the pilot shouted down in the man in the house to climb up the rope because the helicopeter had come to rescue him. The man in the house wouldn't get in. He told the pilot that he had faith in God and would wait for God to rescue him. The flood waters kept rising and the man in the house drowned. When he got to heaven, he asked God where he went wrong. He told God that he had perfect faith in God, but God had let him drown.
"What more do you want from me?" asked God. "I sent you two boats and a helicopter."

if it were me I would be on line to the school's registration site. Seriously, discern the decision to go back to school in a prudential light as you would any other major life decision. List the pros and cons, make sure you understand your reasons, do your homework on schools, programs, requirements for your major or for the job you for which you are preparing. Ask the advice of trusted people who know you well (not necessarily fair weather friends who put their own needs ahead of yours). Most of all, pray to the Holy Spirit for guidance. Do this and you will make a good decision.

If you have already done this and asked for a sign in confirmation, this is probably it. If you have not done your homework, the sign may be telling you to take the time to do your research and gather the information you need to make your decision.

Why don’t you want to go back to school?

are you waiting for Jesus to come back to earth, tap you on the shoulder and slap you silly with a rose???? :p

Of course it's a sign silly billy!!! Now go back to school already :D

Coincidences are God's way of remaining annoymous ;)

I tend to agree strongly with the others here. It sure sounds like the sign you’ve been waiting for.

On the other hand, I experienced a few coincidences awhile ago that I assuredly thought must have been direction from the Lord. Turns out they weren’t. Long story. I think it was God’s way of telling me that coincidences do happen, and not to think every coincidence is from him.

But wait,“every hair on my head is numbered” so doesn’t that mean every little detail of my life must be in someway inspired by God?

I drive myself crazy thinking of things like this sometimes. Comments?

But for you… FOUR TIMES seems like TOO MUCH of a coincidence.
So did you buy your books yet? :thumbsup:

Definitely not a sign, just coincidences, because those events were going to happen anyway.

If you get in to this pattern of thinking, asking God for signs all the time and expecting something to happen you might be sailing on the failboat soon.

[quote="GloriusMaximus, post:11, topic:177029"]
Definitely not a sign, just coincidences, because those events were going to happen anyway.

If you get in to this pattern of thinking, asking God for signs all the time and expecting something to happen you might be sailing on the failboat soon.

[/quote]

I completely and respectfully disagree with this...with God, there are no coincidences. We do not always understand the message and sometimes it takes time, but God is always communicating with us in our lives. We eventually begin to understand how God communicates with us in His own unique way to each individual.

Hello,

I am Jeck.This is my first visit to site.I am new to this site,but I’ve enjoyed posting in your forums.I like your coincident.You are waiting for Jesus to come back to earth,tap you on the shoulder and slap you silly with a rose.This is good sign of god.I count four “coincidences” in the above.Statistically such a set of coincidence would be highly unlikely.You asked God answered.Now it is just for you to respond to his answer.Thank you very much and Stay connected with me.

These are the things I’m concerned about. I have a shoulder injury that prevents me from using the computer for longer than 15 minutes at a time, and I have a son who is disabled. He will probably not need another surgery for 8 years. If I go to school, I have will have no one to help me except God. I know that if this is what He wants me to do He will help me. If I get a teaching certificate, my earning potential will significantly increase. I only want to do this if it is God’s will. There is nothing they can do to fix my shoulder.

If you have an injury and a disabled son, it’s all the more reason for you to get your teaching certificate. It is pretty important for somoene in your position to have an “easy on the body” job that pays reasonably well.

Is your shoulder the only thing that is preventing you from going back to school? Colleges are very friendly to people with disabilities, and if your injury impacts your ability to do the work, solutions will be found for you.

It’s very unlikely that God is going to appear in front of you and tell you outright what he wants you to do. It’s up to you to discern what the right thing to do is.

[quote="flyingfish, post:15, topic:177029"]
If you have an injury and a disabled son, it's all the more reason for you to get your teaching certificate. It is pretty important for somoene in your position to have an "easy on the body" job that pays reasonably well.

Is your shoulder the only thing that is preventing you from going back to school? Colleges are very friendly to people with disabilities, and if your injury impacts your ability to do the work, solutions will be found for you.

It's very unlikely that God is going to appear in front of you and tell you outright what he wants you to do. It's up to you to discern what the right thing to do is.

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

closed #17

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.