Is this a sin?

I was watching a video on YouTube about cars and reviews. He kept on making references to Alfa Romero. Later on in the video, he wore a what appears to be a heavy metal shirt that may have a pentagram. I think I changed the video after noticing it. Later on in the day, I researched Alfa Romero because the guy put the car company in my mind. If you could not tell already, I am quite scrupulous.

I think you are okay. There’s nothing anything particularly evil about a car company, or heavy metal for that matter.

We can tell :wink:

Don’t worry, no sin at all.

The Pythagoreans saw in the pentagram a mathematical perfection, given some quite beautiful geometrical properties it carries. So no wonder it can catch the eye :slight_smile: Furthermore, for a time, a pentagram was the official seal of the city of Jerusalem; it was used in ancient times as a Christian symbol for the five senses; medieval Christians believed that it symbolized the five wounds of Christ; and through the Middle Ages and Renaissance it was believed to keep demons away! :smiley:

No problem, you’r good.

It is wise to shut your eyes once in a while, but when one start to see sin all around it is time to talk with your priest. I understand how you feel, but there is still more good then bad in this world. If you are not seeking sin, you have done nothing wrong, and neither has Alfa Romeo.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.