Is this a sin??

I am ashamed to admit this but my confirmation is coming up soon and I need to confess.

A friend of mine showed me two pictures of men’s… Genetalia that they had sent her.

Is this a sin?

Pax Christi x

Well, to look at impure images is sinful, but to what degree depends on your mindset. Did you know that she was going to show this to you and still looked? Did you look away when you saw it? Did you keep looking? Did you harbor it in your mind and “enjoy” it?

If so, then it is very sinful, I don’t know if necessarily mortal, but…

Otherwise, it’s not your fault, but your friend’s concern…she should delete them.

May God bless you! :slight_smile:

Thank you!

I sort of looked then looked away and went “Eww thanks Katie I’ve just got back from confession and now look!”

She deleted them afterwards.

I will try and mention it in confession.

As one of my favorite philosophers once said a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…

“No. Try not. Do… or do not. There is no try.”

:slight_smile:

It certainly does not seem that it would be a sin in your case. How could a doctor study anatomy if the mere looking at a picture would be a sin? A temptation is not a sin. Giving into it is. Resisting the temptation is a triumph of grace.

Hurray for a wonderful, common sense answer!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.