Is this a turn off?

Hello , I am a single male 30 years old . I belong to a parish of over 10,000 people .I am heavily involved in the Knights of Columbus and participate in many of the committees we are a part of , so I am always at church on the weekends wearing my name badge and dressed in a suit .At times I serve as Extraordinary minister of communion in mass. I am curious to know something though . To the single young ladies out there (and if your not one please feel free to weigh in ) is this a turn off ? A priest saw that I was Extraordinary minister and suggested priesthood as the next step.I smirked it off. DO you all think the young ladies see me as holier then now , or do they think that I believe I am holier then now? Please I really want all (even my opposers to come forth).Also being a younger member and as active a I am in the Knights is this a turn off? I am very critical of myself but I have been told that I am handsome (lol) by many Wives of my brother Knights (but keep in mind they are much older then I senior citizens at that ) I have not a clue what the young ones would think . Anyway , please weigh in . Thanks

Idk I'm not a girl but I just asked my girlfriend and she said she would think it's sweet and that you can never be too holy. :p God bless you and good luck.

Not at all I think it's beautiful :)

Holy- definate turn on

holier-than-thou--- extreme turn off

Guess it all depends on the kind of girl you are looking for? Do you get turned off when you see a woman serving as an EM/ active in CDA?

Question: What is the cut of your suit when you are EMing? (for instance do you tend to wear more traditional sized jackets or lean towards more contemporary cuts which utilize a smaller sized jacket and raised sleeves.

Having watched the KC over the years I think the service you do as similar to a 'devotion' that should earn an indulgence or grace.

Mind you I know nothing of the KC. Having been forced to renounce my wonderful Masonic association I always suspected a more simple hidden political motive like... 'you should be in the KC instead and be a strong arm for the Bishop.'

As far as the impression you make with the ladies well the gold standard is if you're always being introduced to single laddies. Good luck and I hope you can find your Catholic soul mate.

As a woman, no it would not be a "turn-off" to me to see someone who is dedicated to their faith. Acutally that would be a big "turn-on'! :D

What is a HUGE turn-off to me, though, is an arrogant,"holier than thou" attitude.

Well, I am married now, but I’m around your age. If I was a single woman, I would not be turned off that you are an EMHC or a Knight of Columbus. I also love the way men look in suits. When I was single, seeing an attractive, young man involved at mass and wearing a suit, would at least give me a favorable first impression. A suit does not automatically mean that a man is a gentleman (I’ve met enough less-than-gentlemanly men who dressed well), nor does being an EHMC or a KofC automatically mean that the man is a kind, good and holy man. But I know from my single, dating days most of the men I had gone on dates with or just knew in general who were involved at mass were usually pretty good guys and men who were trying hard to be spiritual and holy people and that was always a HUGE turn-on for me. My husband was actually a lector and an EHMC at the Newman Center when we met. In turn, he was always turned on by young women involved at mass and had a thing for women who wear crucifixes around their necks mainly because it was, initially, an indication that she may be spiritual and Catholic.

Be yourself and don’t worry about turning young ladies off. :slight_smile: The kind of women you will attract will be the right kind of women for you.

This is very, very true. :thumbsup:

Just wanted to add, that it is an enormous turn-OFF for me when someone has a holier-than-thou attitude as well… male or female.

So, again, be yourself, but will include have a sincere, humble holiness.

[quote="domandcarols, post:2, topic:261221"]
Idk I'm not a girl but I just asked my girlfriend and she said she would think it's sweet and that you can never be too holy. :p God bless you and good luck.

[/quote]

Thank you I appreciate your response

[quote="Birdpreacher, post:5, topic:261221"]
Guess it all depends on the kind of girl you are looking for? Do you get turned off when you see a woman serving as an EM/ active in CDA?

Question: What is the cut of your suit when you are EMing? (for instance do you tend to wear more traditional sized jackets or lean towards more contemporary cuts which utilize a smaller sized jacket and raised sleeves.

[/quote]

I got to check on that

One of the problems is I am not introduced to them and at times I think I may seen as non approachable . I associate with middle aged to senior citizens for the most part (that is what my council consists of for the most part .

Some may just be intimidated by you. If you're that active and they aren't, they may not know what to say to you, even if they do want to approach you.

I don't think that it's a turn-off, it's appealing and lovely. However, I'm confused as to your original point. Are you seeking a future wife and having trouble connecting with women because of the situation you're describing? Or, perhaps you are being called to the priesthood and feel unsure?

Thats a good point.I do not want it to be that way , but I love what I do over at church.

I am not strong enough to be a priest so that to me is out of the question (too weak to live without a woman for the rest of my life) I am a single man at 30 because of certain reasons.I have overcome that situation I previously had and things are back to normal with me . I do desire to marry some day.

Don’t be so sure. For years, I was so sure that I was called to marriage. Every time someone told me that I should be a Priest or a Friar, I thought they were the biggest idiots in the world that didn’t want me to be happy. Because, after all, sexual pleasure equals happiness, right? But, everything changed, and now it’s completely the other way around. There’s nothing I want to do more than become either a Priest or a Franciscan Friar. Don’t be as sure about marriage as I was. Keep your options open and don’t have a biased opinion about it. If you do this, you’ll find God’s calling for you, no matter what it is.

Holiness/striving for holiness is very attractive.

I will pm you on this matter about the reason I have been single . Thank you for your input on this though.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.