Is this allowed?

At almost every mass(ordinary form) I have visited in many different churches, I have seen that the priest takes communion together and simultaneity with the extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion . Now, I have seen that someone claimed that this is not allowed.
Should a priest at mass take Holy Communion at the same time as the extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion?

Personally, I’ve only ever seen the priest receive the host and from the chalice before giving Communion to extraordinary ministers., never concurrently.

Liturgical Norms and Rubrics
"67. The Priest celebrant always receives the Body of Christ first. Ordinary Ministers of the Eucharist (bishops, priests and deacons) as well as instituted acolytes are always to distribute Communion before other Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist. All ministers of Holy Communion, Ordinary and Extraordinary, are to receive communion, according to the Norms, prior to distributing it to the other faithful."

diocese-sacramento.org/worship_prayer/PDFs/Liturgical_Norms_Prayer_Worship.pdf

No Andre, as you suspect, it isn’t permitted.
Personally, I’ve only ever seen the priest receive the host and from the chalice before giving Communion to extraordinary ministers., never concurrently.

Liturgical Norms and Rubrics
"67. The Priest celebrant always receives the Body of Christ first. Ordinary Ministers of the Eucharist (bishops, priests and deacons) as well as instituted acolytes are always to distribute Communion before other Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist. All ministers of Holy Communion, Ordinary and Extraordinary, are to receive communion, according to the Norms, prior to distributing it to the other faithful."

diocese-sacramento.org/worship_prayer/PDFs/Liturgical_Norms_Prayer_Worship.pdf

That’s strange, because in my area it goes like that. The priest gives the host to each extraordinary minister in the hand, than he takes the host in his hand and then they eat it at the same time. The blood: He gives the blood to each minister to drink and then drinks it himself.

[quote="Andre1000, post:4, topic:303249"]
That's strange, because in my area it goes like that. The priest gives the host to each extraordinary minister in the hand, than he takes the host in his hand and then they eat it at the same time. The blood: He gives the blood to each minister to drink and then drinks it himself.

[/quote]

It had also been happening in my parish for decades (EMHCs and altar servers consumed at the same time as teh priest) until the latest Pastor was appointed at the end of August. At first the altar servers had to be told to consume the Host, they were waiting for Fr. to go back to the altar so they could all consume together.

But here is what 2 separate documents say on this matter:

The GIRM

1. The priest may be assisted in the distribution of Communion by other priests who happen to be present. If such priests are not present and there is a very large number of communicants, the priest may call upon extraordinary ministers to assist him, i.e., duly instituted acolytes or even other faithful who have been deputed for this purpose.97 In case of necessity, the priest may depute suitable faithful for this single occasion.98

These ministers should not approach the altar before the priest has received Communion, and they are always to receive from the hands of the priest celebrant the vessel containing either species of the Most Holy Eucharist for distribution to the faithful.

From Article 8 **[FONT=Times New Roman]The Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion ([size=2]pa[size=2]rt 2) [/size]of [/size][/FONT] ***Ecclesiae de mysterio: On certain questions regarding the c*ollaboration of the non-ordained faithful in the Sacred ministry of the priest* by eight dicasteries of the Holy See, August 15, 1997*[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, Arial][size=2][size=2]
[/size][/size][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, Arial][size=2]This function is supplementary and[/size][/FONT] extraordinary (101) and must be exercised in accordance with the norm of law. It is thus useful for the diocesan bishop to issue particular norms concerning extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion which, in complete harmony with the universal law of the Church, should regulate the exercise of this function in his diocese. Such norms should provide, amongst other things, for matters such as the instruction in eucharistic doctrine of those chosen to be extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion, the meaning of the service they provide, the rubrics to be observed, the reverence to be shown for such an august Sacrament and instruction concerning the discipline on admission to Holy Communion.

To avoid creating confusion, certain practices are to be avoided and eliminated where such have emerged in particular Churches:

[LIST]
]extraordinary ministers receiving Holy Communion apart from the other faithful as though concelebrants;*
*]association with the renewal of promises made by priests at the Chrism Mass on Holy Thursday, as well as other categories of faithful who renew religious vows or receive a mandate as extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion;
*]the habitual use of extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion at Mass thus arbitrarily extending the concept of "a great number of the faithful".
[/LIST]

Mass is a proper noun!!!

At our parish, EMHC’s aren’t even allowed to step up to the altar until the priest has consumed.

[quote="boldlygo, post:6, topic:303249"]
Mass is a proper noun!!!!

[/quote]

OK ! gently - Andre is not a native English Speaker

Could you write as well as that in French , or German or any other language ?

Indeed. That’s what Redemptonis Sacramentum requires.

According to the Ordinary of the Mass, the celebrant prays
"May this mingling of the body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ bring eternal life to us who receive it" while breaking the bread.
He then prepares for his own communion, "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, by the will of the Father and the work of the Holy Spirit your death brought life to the world. By your holy body and blood free me from all my sins and from every evil. Keep me faithful to your teaching, and never let me be parted from you."
or "Lord Jesus Christ, with faith in your love and mercy I eat your body and drink your blood. Let it not bring me condemnation but health in mind and body."

Note: my missal is outdated and new wording may be slightly different.
In any case, it has been my experience as EMCH that we come to the altar during or after the "Lamb of God," depending on the size of the church. In any case, the priest has already received before anybody else. The EMCHs and altar servers receive next, followed by everybody else.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.