Is this an option with Children Be?

It seems like there are LOT of legitimate variations for Children's Masses, so I'm assuming this is okay. However, I'm still curious, so I gotta ask:
If there an option to allow a pantomime of sorts while Father or the Deacon reads the Gospel? Children in costumes at the foot of the altar making gestures and moving to act out what the Gospel that is being read describes? This is done at a specific "Children's Mass".

=waanju;10610002]It seems like there are LOT of legitimate variations for Children's Masses, so I'm assuming this is okay. However, I'm still curious, so I gotta ask:
If there an option to allow a pantomime of sorts while Father or the Deacon reads the Gospel? Children in costumes at the foot of the altar making gestures and moving to act out what the Gospel that is being read describes? This is done at a specific "Children's Mass".

Nooooooooooooooooo,

That's a bit tooooooooooooooooooo much:)

[quote="PJM, post:2, topic:322631"]
Nooooooooooooooooo,

That's a bit tooooooooooooooooooo much:)

[/quote]

Are there any specific sources I could cite to say that this is not okay?

PS I just noticed that I titled this thread with such a bad string of typos that I don't even remember what I intended the title to be. Is there a way to change that?

[quote="waanju, post:3, topic:322631"]
Are there any specific sources I could cite to say that this is not okay?

PS I just noticed that I titled this thread with such a bad string of typos that I don't even remember what I intended the title to be. Is there a way to change that?

[/quote]

:rotfl: I will admit that I was thoroughly confused by the title!

I think I combined “Just how different can Masses for Children be?” and “Is this a legitimate option for Masses with children?”.

[quote="waanju, post:5, topic:322631"]
I think I combined "Just how different can Masses for Children be?" and "Is this a legitimate option for Masses with children?".

[/quote]

I see how it could happen! The title, I mean. ;)

You might call your diocese and ask them how to find out what is permitted in children’s Masses.

An earlier thread on the same topic.

Here you go:

The Mass is not an historical reenactment of the events of salvation history and care should be taken not to give the impression that the liturgy is a play. This is not to say that dramatic elements may not be used, for example, the readings may at times be divided into parts distributed among the children; however, the use of costumes, etc., is more appropriate in the context of other celebrations or services. Care should be taken, especially at Christmas and during Holy Week and the Easter Triduum, not to stage the various liturgies as plays.

Also here.

=waanju;10610081]Are there any specific sources I could cite to say that this is not okay?

Check this site and vatican II Doc.

Sacrosanctum concilium, Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy, 1963

vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_const_19631204_sacrosanctum-concilium_en.html

Thanks so much.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.