Is this bad?

If an individual has 3 Rosaries, takes the crucifix on one and puts it on a chain for a necklace... is this a bad thing to do?

[quote="HailHolyQueen90, post:1, topic:301988"]
If an individual has 3 Rosaries, takes the crucifix on one and puts it on a chain for a necklace... is this a bad thing to do?

[/quote]

"Bad" I wouldn't say...but if the three of them are blessed sacramentals, I am not quite sure if we can take it apart :rolleyes: perhaps it's dedicated until it breaks naturally to be used as a Rosary.

Let's see what others say :compcoff:

Not bad.

[quote="HailHolyQueen90, post:1, topic:301988"]

[/quote]

I say, "Not bad." I have re-purposed rosary crucifixes myself. ...although usually it was because the rosary was broken and it was not reasonable to try to try and fix it.

However if the rosary was blessed then separating the crucifix from the rest of the rosary with the intention of permanently using them as separate entities would seem as if it must result in the the loss of the blessing for both parts.

Bad if used for fashion, good if used as a sacramental.

Many people wear a crucifix on a chain around their necks (necklace). There is nothing wrong with that.

There is nothing bad about your plan to take a rosary apart - especially since you have others. If the rosary was blessed, you may want to take the new crucifix necklace and have that new item also blessed.

[quote="smndtupidisaftr, post:5, topic:301988"]
Bad if used for fashion, good if used as a sacramental.

[/quote]

Hear hear! :thumbsup:(means I agree with this one).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.