Is this marriage valid?

Hello all, I am very new to this site so please forgive me if this question has been asked before and I do apologies for any annoyance. But I was just very curious about my cousins situation, who will get married in perhaps a years time?

She is a catholic and so is the fiancé (however not very religous and did not complete his confirmation)
He was previously married to a non catholic through civil marriage in a court room but now is divorced and has a child. What happens here? What are the necessary steps to ensure a valid marriage? Does he need an annulement? Also does the child hold an impediment?

Sorry for the many questions, any answer would help a lot!
Thank you!

The child is innocent and also not an 'impediment' regarding the marriage issues.
If your cousin's fiancé is a baptized Catholic, then marriage in a civil court, and without permission from the Church, is not a valid Sacramental marriage.

However, these links may be helpful:
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=28677

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=353566&highlight=civil+marriage%2C+annulment

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=2944&highlight=civil+marriage%2C+annulment

Welcome to Catholic Answers :)

Warm regards,
Trishie

Regarding the child:
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=22314&highlight=civil+marriage%2C+annulment

your cousin and her fiance need to sit down and meet with her priest, who will guide them through premarital preparation and all that needs to be done.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.