Is this Mass intention worded correctly?

Forgive my ignorance, but this is something that I just need to find a logic.
I just have a question regarding a Mass Intention for All the Departed Souls in Purgatory.
Is it correct to include in a parish bulletin a name to it?
For example:
Oct. 16 Intention: All the Departed Souls in Purgatory/John Doe

If we are saying it is for “ALL” the departed souls, why to include just one name to it?

Please enlighten my common sense, because it might be blocked today.
Thank you.

My guess is that the person(s) who booked the Mass intention wanted to specifically remember “John Doe” in addition to all the souls in Purgatory.

Yes, they could have just said “All Souls in Purgatory” and that would have sufficed but it appears they also wanted to especially remember a particular person.

Its not dissimilar to the Eucharistic Prayers in which the priest prays:

Remember your servant N., whom you have called from this world to yourself. Grant that he/she who was united with your son in a death like his, may also be one with him in his resurrection.

Remember also our brothers and sisters who have fallen asleep in the hope of the resurrection, and all who have died in your mercy: welcome them into the light of your face.

Obviously the second paragraph includes the name from the first paragraph but its simply a way of singling out someone for special remembrance.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.