Is this mass legit?

I would like to know if the following mass is legit or if it misses obligatory parts. I ask this because it is very short which is practical, but it makes me wonder if they didn’t remove essential parts of the liturgy that are obligatiry for the mass to be valid.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

I’m not a theologian by any means but I didn’t notice anything missing and the rubrics were followed. Appears to be a perfectly valid Mass.

1 Like

As far as I can tell, the only thing I saw missing was the versicle after the Alleluia, but I’m pretty sure that’s not required if it’s not going to be sung.

The only other unusual thing I saw was the use of form 2 (B?) of the Penitential Rite. But that’s just because I almost never see that used.

I would like to know why you think it isn’t?

1 Like

As I said it was simply because it is very short. And since I constantly hear people complaing about liturgical abuses and I am no theologian, I just prefer to check just in case.

Not at all a reason to question the legitimacy of the mass or the integrity of the priest celebrating it. The video clearly shows it is a mass without a congregation and that it is prerecorded and edited.

Are you unfamiliar with the order of the mass?

Our online Mass takes half an hour. It would be shorter but lots of bidding prayers, news about who sick or died during the week.

I didn’t say it wasn’t legitimate. I just asked if it was. Nothing wrong with asking a question.

And yes I’m familiar with the mass but not with which parts are obligatory and which exactly are not.

A 24-minute Mass is normal length for a weekday Mass.

Sunday Masses are normally between about 45 minutes to an hour, but many churches are currently squeezing them into 25-30 minutes to reduce the amount of time people spend in the church, and also to allow time for the church to be sanitized before the next Mass begins.

1 Like

Or, in the case of my diocesan televised Mass, exactly 28 minutes and 30 seconds…the time they buy on the local TV stations.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.