Is this valid?

I have several friends who all receive spiritual direction from the same priest. He performs all their children’s sacraments and he is a very close friend to all. Recently I learned that he was suspended (is that the correct term) from his parish. He now is celebrating Sunday Mass at his home and all my friends now attend his home mass instead of their regular parishes. I am wondering if this is ok? I know home masses are done, but aren’t they suppose to be celebrated in a sacred place and with bishop permission? If he is suspended from his parish is he still allowed to celebrate the Mass?
Thank you

Usually if a priest is suspended or on a leave of absence, he is not supposed to be publicly celebrating any sacraments without the Bishop’s permission. He is always permitted to say Mass alone, but that is not the case here.
I would suggest notifying the Bishop’s office that this is happening.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.