Is this video game ok?

Yeah, so it’s called Virtua Fighter 2, kind of old game, and I was looking at it for wii virtual console. Anyways, the way it play seems okay, just sort of a martial arts fighting game, no blood, no “suggestive themes”, but I was more worried about the characters themselves. I was just wondering if I was beeing to cautious or not and if this game is ok. Please tell me what you think.

So I looked up the characters and their backgrounds, and while I don’t believe any of this is mentioned in the game, It’s still their backgorund stories. One character was brainwashed, and is unsure if she was wanting to fight because of the wash/control she was under, or her own ambition. There is one guy that had a recurring “bad dream” and that’s what influenced his actions to join/leave the fight idk I forgot. THere’s a fisherman trying to catch the “Satan Shark” who mysteriously dissapeared and hes fighting for the money for sonar. There’s a brainwashed “cybrog enhanced” human lady thing, and there’s a guy whos mom is the cyborg and who’s dad was killed that’s trying to get revenge on the group. There’s some herb doctor sage dude that’s drunk, and there’s a guy whos dad works with terrorists and his dad says that his son’s only way to be free from him is to win the tournament.

There ya go. I don’t think any of this stuff is mentioned in the game, but it still alarmed me. Do you think God would be angry if I played it? I’m not sure what my gut says.

I’m catholic.

Thanks!

If I understand correctly, the games have no real story or anything, just back story which isn't really directly gameplay oriented. I wouldn't worry about those points. Suggestive themes, violence and things like that in the open are the issue.

And also I forgot there's one guy who in the anime show is on his quest to "see the 8 stars of heaven"

@above. thanks, so you'd think it's okay?

Can I get more opinions?

[quote="Thanks4Tip, post:1, topic:208841"]
So I looked up the characters and their backgrounds, and while I don't believe any of this is mentioned in the game, It's still their backgorund stories. One character was brainwashed, and is unsure if she was wanting to fight because of the wash/control she was under, or her own ambition. There is one guy that had a recurring "bad dream" and that's what influenced his actions to join/leave the fight idk I forgot. THere's a fisherman trying to catch the "Satan Shark" who mysteriously dissapeared and hes fighting for the money for sonar. There's a brainwashed "cybrog enhanced" human lady thing, and there's a guy whos mom is the cyborg and who's dad was killed that's trying to get revenge on the group. There's some herb doctor sage dude that's drunk, and there's a guy whos dad works with terrorists and his dad says that his son's only way to be free from him is to win the tournament.

[/quote]

I've seen worse people in classical tragedies and heroic epics yet we have no problem teaching/telling about them so as long as the audience is of the proper age.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.