Is watching tv, liesting to radio, play ps3 online , or going on the internet on sabba day a sin

Is it a sin to watch tv, liesting to radio, play ps3 online , or going on the internet on sabba day a sin ?

Not in themselves. Depends on the content, and whether they violate the following:

CCC 2185 On Sundays and other holy days of obligation, the faithful are to refrain from engaging in work or activities that hinder the worship owed to God, the joy proper to the Lord’s Day, the performance of the works of mercy, and the appropriate relaxation of mind and body. . . .

Have you talked to your priest yet?

:thumbsup:

YouCat (Youth Catechism):

315 What is a sin in the first place?

A sin is a word, deed or intention by which man deliberately and voluntarily offends against the true order of things, as God’s loving providence has arranged them. [1849-1851, 1871-1872]

To sin means more than to violate some rules about which men have agreed. Sin turns freely and deliberately against God’s love and ignores him. Sin is ultimately “love of oneself even to contempt of God” (St. Augustine), and in the extreme case the sinful creature says, “I want to be like God” (see Gen 3:5). Just as sin burdens me with guilt, wounds me, and by its consequences ruins me, so too it poisons and damages the world in which I live. It becomes possible to recognize sin and its seriousness by drawing near to God.

steve, it’s time to take all these questions of yours to your priest. Make an appointment. Write down all the issues you want to cover. You need spiritual direction and only then will you have a chance to find some peace of mind and clarity. This forum cannot offer you that.

How about lime playing tag or like running around is that a sun to do on sunday

At this point it should probably be a banner on top of the site:

“NOT EVERYTHING IS A SIN!”

Nope! Sunday is a day of rest and worship, but rest doesn’t mean doing nothing at all. That would be idleness. We just have to avoid servile work a.k.a. heavy work that distracts us from the holiness of the day and keeps us from worshipping God and enjoying our families.

It’s not a sin to have fun. :slight_smile: Remember, Jesus said the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath. The Sabbath is there for us so that we remember our lives don’t revolve around work and money. Helps us get our priorities straight, God comes first, then family, THEN work. We all need time off to remember that.:thumbsup:

So don’t freak out about this, that’s not the purpose God had in mind. Run around, play outside, God wants us to enjoy the good things he’s given us!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.