Is working on Sunday a sin?

Hello,

My husband works for Walmart and is just a "simple" employee there. Although he does earn slightly more an hour in pay, it's not so much that I'd want to offend God for. My question is, if we use Saturday as our Sunday (since he has Saturday off from work) would that be sufficient? We've already been going to Mass on Saturday for years since he's worked Sundays. Walmart requires an employee to leave the schedule open for weekends and it's a wonder we even get Saturday. I put my foot down so that he would attend Mass though. I guess what I'm asking is are we sinning by giving in on Sunday? Should he push to work Saturday instead and have Sunday off? I don't know that they'd go for that.

Thank You.

Mary

These links should be helpful for understanding what the Church says about working on Sunday. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
**Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]Is it OK to work on Sunday?
*] Is my Sunday job considered servile work?
*] Can farmers harvest on Sunday?
*] May a Catholic nurse work on Sundays?
*] Can we volunteer to work on Easter if we need the money?
*]Does the Saturday vigil Mass fulfill the Sunday obligation?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.