isaiah?

A friend called me and told me isah 49:24-25
would be good for me to look up as Steven,i told you all had called me told me he was coming home that nite Thurs. I stayed up as long as i could he still hasn’t come or called again,I need prayers again please ,it did help i know because he did call that nite,anyway i went to my bible ,i cant find those passages in my bible.she has an niv bible. i don’t understand,why we dont have those.? Can someone answer this?
Thank you all again :gopray2:
Bubbie-Dianne

Unfortunately, I don’t fully understand the context of your question … but Isaiah 49:24-25 certainly is in my Bible (Douay-Rheims):

24 Shall the prey be taken from the strong? or can that which was taken by the mighty be delivered? 25 For thus saith the Lord: Yea verily, even the captivity shall be taken away from the strong: and that which was taken by the mighty, shall be delivered. But I will judge those that have judged thee, and thy children I will save.

Hope this helps…

P.S. If your friend wants to read the Latin, I can post that as well. :wink:

VL93, thanx,yes i just found it,i guess i’m just upset,was’nt consentrating,i;m glad u gave me the passages i found it,she said it had to with our children.I have the new american bible,translated from latin.While you found that so fast,could you direct me to where it says something about God will save the children of rightgous mothers,she could’nt remember where that was,by the way even though I’m roman catholic And went to cath. grammer school and high school i never was taught about the bible,untl i met this friend who is non-denominational,she has taught me so much,she has been a blessing,now all i have to do is have her convert ha-ha.I wish i could. thank you so much.
bubbie

I’m sorry but, unfortunately, I don’t know a Bible verse about God saving the children of righteous mothers … but I do know the wonderful - and prophetically true - statement that St Ambrose of Milan made to St Monica when the latter was weeping about her wayward son (Augustine):

“…it is not possible that the son of so many tears should perish.”

thank you again Ive been prating to St.Morica to intercede for me about my son,but i haven’t hears that before it comforts me.
God love and bless you
bubbie-Dianne:signofcross:

Perhaps your friend was thinking about 1 Corinthians 7:14:
14For the unbelieving husband is consecrated through his [believing] wife, and the unbelieving wife is consecrated through her [believing] husband. Otherwise, your children would be unclean, but as it is they are holy.
Although this verse does not exactly say that God will save the children of righteous mothers, it does say that the children of a believer are holy.

There is also Acts 16:30-31 (NRSV)

The context is when the Paul & Silas were arrested and being held in jail. There is an earthquake which opened the cell and the jailer was terrified, thinking his prisoners had escaped. But they remained in their cell.

"Then he brought them outside and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” They answered, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and all your household.”

Taken with the 1 Corinthians passage, it would seem to indicate that whole households are saved by one believing member - By your faith, by your prayers and by your witness, you will bring him to the Lord.

Ask St. Monica, who prayed endlessly for her son, again for help with your son. Persevere with prayer and Trust in the Lord.
catholic-forum.com/saints/saintm04.htm
catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=1

I also offer this prayer from St. Faustina for homeless children:

Eternal Father… reach out with Your tender love and mercy, to those pitiful children who wander the streets at night…especially Steven.

With Your unfathomable love and mercy, bring them back to their families, or to a home You choose for them.

Jesus…through Your Divine Mercy, enable us to help these poor children, with our deeds and with our prayers.

Holy Spirit…lead many to reach out in love to poor children in distress.

Mother Mary…send your mother’s love to those poor children who have never really known the love and tenderness of an earthly mother.

I like to add:
[St. Joseph…send your father’s love to those poor children who have never really known the love and tenderness of an earthly father.]

We unite this prayer with all the prayers of Divine Mercy offered to the Eternal Father this day for the lonely, distressed and homeless children and people of the world.

Through Jesus Christ…Our Lord.
Amen

And this one:
Prayer for the Release of a Loved One from Alcohol or Drug Addiction Through The Divine Mercy and Blood of Jesus:

Lord Jesus, I put myself into Your hands. This day, I ask You with all my heart, to cure the terrible addiction to alcohol(drugs) in Steven.

Create in them an intolerance for alcohol(drugs) that will prevent them from ever offending those who love them again.

And grant their loved ones the grace to forgive them for all the hurt they have caused.

Through the Divine Mercy and Blood of Jesus, I also pray that they will be healed of all withdrawal symptoms of this terrible affliction.

I sincerely ask this, in the name of Jesus.
Amen

Linda Marie,again I thank you for those words,to help me pray,i’ve been praying the chaplet of divine mercy so many times today,but I’m so weary.I do’nt know why,I know MY FATHER wants me to persevere,so I must.You have been a blessing sent from GOD to help me through this.YOU can’t know how you have saved me from myself.I appreciate you so very much Dianne

:slight_smile: I like this one - for Mothers

1 Timothy 2:15:
15 Yet she shall be saved through childbearing; if she continue in faith, and love, and sanctification, with sobriety.

thank you ,do you know where it talks about righteous mothers their children will be saved?
bubbie dianne

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.