ISIS burns 1,800-year-old church in Mosul

ISIS burns 1,800-year-old church in Mosul

Militants from the radical jihadist group the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria have set fire to a 1,800-year-old church in Iraq’s second largest city of Mosul, a photo released Saturday shows.

The burning of the church is the latest in a series of destruction of Christian property in Mosul, which was taken by the Islamist rebels last month, along with other swathes of Iraqi territory.

more to the article here:

english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2014/07/20/ISIS-burns-1-800-year-old-church-in-Mosul.html

Unacceptable and disgusting.

Our Lady Queen of Peace pray for us.

Sickening! ISIS is filled with such darkness and evil. Prayers for any Christians in the area- may God protect them from harm.

God bless the Christians of Iraq and watch over them in these dark times.

All you Catholics, stop throwing insults at ISIS! Yes, they are evil men, they want to destroy us! But we need to learn to turn the other cheek! Pray for them! Pray that the Holy Spirit may come upon them and tell them that what they are doing is wrong, and that they should stop. Do not pray against them, for vengeance is God’s not ours. (Romans 12:19)

Pray the Rosary everyday, so that peace may be brought to them (“Pray the Rosary every day in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary to obtain peace in the world . . . for she alone can save it.” - Our Lady, July 13th 1917) Ask the Blessed Mother everyday to pray that ISIS may realize that they are evil men and that they need our Lord Jesus Christ!

Ask the LORD to protect the Christians in Iraq. Ask the LORD to protect all persecuted by ISIS. This includes, Jews, Shia Muslims, Kurds, and many others groups of people.

Remember though, there is nobody righteous NOT ONE! (Romans 3:10)

Blessed Mother, pray for us and all who suffer persecution.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Mary+praying+for+us&rlz=1T4GGHP_enUS367US367&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=P3PU7WiGNegyASeoYG4Dw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=865#facrc=&imgdii=_&imgrc=3VeauQOSsbz0wM%253A%3Bg89DoA5O2agWiM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fmedia-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%252F236x%252F4b%252F49%252F9b%252F4b499b3597c110456fecef495de50517.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.pinterest.com%252Fhannahlou1%252Fbehold-your-mother%252F%3B236%3B298

No, we will not stop insulting them. They have given in to anger and hatred, and actively seek to destroy the Church. Why should we speak kindly of them? This is beyond being a simple lost soul, these people engage in evil actions, there’s no two ways about it. They murder, torture and rape, all three indefensible acts.

We will pray for them, but we won’t speak kindly of them. Even Christ denounced the people who desecrate the temple.

They are demented you-know-whats. These Islamo-Nazi rats build nothing, and destroy everything. And we have thousands of them already here in America. Rob :mad:

I don’t know, Tawny. Right now, I am praying for defeat of these monsters. In Kosovo, the Muslims destroyed hundreds of Christian shrines after they took control. I am truly sorry that I am past the point of praying for these madmen’s souls. Rob :frowning:

I don’t understand your post. Are you saying that thousands of ISIS terrorists live in the US. Surely you aren’t comparing adherents of Islam to terrorists whose faith is not accepted by either Sunni or Shiite Islam.

The ISIS are on a church destruction campaign. I can’t help how I feel, may God forgive me for feeling no sympathy towards these inhuman monsters.

Didn’t Obama send troops to protect our embassy in Baghdad? Ehy can’t we help these christians? I don’t think I have even heard Obama speak out against ISIS treatment of christians, shiites and other groups around Mosul.

I can’t help how I feel either. I am not naive. Where would the world be if we had turned the other cheek against Nazi Germany and Japan.
I feel God wants to destroy evil in this world. He does not want us to turn the other cheek and be destroyed by evil.

ISIS needs to be hit, and hit hard.

:thumbsup:

The US embassy is in a city which is under government control (more or less.) Even with the increase, the US embassy is defended by only 750 troops.
foxnews.com/us/2014/07/01/more-us-troops-into-baghdad-to-protect-embassy-americans-in-iraq-raising-total/

Mosul is roughly 250 miles from Baghdad, and the Iraqi Army has not been able to retake control. The US would not be able to do so without a major deployment of troops and resources. Should the US make that commitment?

Yes. I think they should.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.