ISIS details 'Why We Hate You' in new magazine

In the new edition of its full-color, glossy magazine, ISIS mocks those who claim Islam is a peaceful religion, and even wades into the controversy surrounding Donald Trump and the parents of a dead Muslim U.S. soldier.

The 15th issue of Dabiq, published on July 31, is titled “Break The Cross” and appears to be primarily directed at those that ISIS considers its enemies, particularly Christians. One section is devoted to the words and actions of Pope Francis and is headlined “In The Words Of Our Enemies.” An editorial titled “Why We Hate You and Why We Fight You” takes aim at Westerners and “apostate ‘Imams’ in the West” who refuse to define ISIS’ motivation as being Islamic. ISIS calls this rhetoric purely political.

foxnews.com/world/2016/08/01/isis-details-why-hate-in-new-magazine.html

That is their moral justification. Of course, they claim it is religious. But they remain the small minority.

Their reasons:

1. Because you are disbelievers
  2. Because you are liberal
  3. Because some of you are atheist
  4. For your crimes against Islam
  5. For your crimes against Muslims
  6. For invading our lands

“small” is a relative term. I would say “statistically significant”.

I should make an answer in a blog, and call the article, 'Why I could care less if you hate me or not."

1. Too many countries want to wipe ISIS from the face of Earth for me to be concerned about your hatred.

2. I pray that you may give up your evil ways and search for, and find peace.

3. This sums up all the time and effort I spend thinking about you.

A copy of that magazine is online, I read it out of curiosity. Warning: there are many graphic images of beheadings, stonings, and destroyed bodies strewn about. Do not show this to children, and don’t look at it yourself unless you have a strong stomach and time to grieve.

This version of Islam is a pathological worship of death and destruction. It is a scourge upon humanity and needs to be opposed both intellectually and with force, in my opinion. I don’t care if that is not politically correct or if this post gets censored.

ISIS’s beliefs are disgusting and unworthy of respect and toleration. They deserve respect as human beings, sure, but their beliefs should be openly mocked and belittled. It is no more than adolescent bloodlust and desire for domination clothed in Islamic garb. A religion for 14 year old boys.

Secular people are huge hypocrites for mocking Christianity, which is comparatively harmless, while these truly ridiculous, unfounded, and morally abhorrent beliefs go unopposed.

It is also very significant that virtually every single American Muslim organization has publicly disavowed both the ideology and the practices of ISIS. (Note 6 separate links in the previous sentence. Look at each one.) The mainstream Muslim community is our ally in this fight. There is no reason to alienate them and isolate ourselves by ceding the claims of ISIS that they represent Islam.

Well, they will have to account for everything before God as everyone else will. May He have mercy on their souls.

May God bless and protect us all! :slight_smile:

“A small minority” that includes 10-20 MILLION people (some of them extremely violent).

I agree there is no reason to isolate ourselves from their aid in this fight. I do have to say that journeying to some communities that have a majority of people residing in them are Muslim, one would have to warrant some caution. I know that in Dearborn, MI there have been some that have waved the ISIS flag and marched in the street blocking traffic. There are some that have thrown rocks and trash at Christians at a fair. Some have even made death threats. But I do know that these are not the majority. Or perhaps I hope that they are not the majority. I rejoice when I hear and see those Muslims that are brave enough to condemn such actions.

That figure is based on a poorly constructed survey. It does not say what you are implying.

Statistically speaking, that’s 1-2% of the Sunni Muslim population. Seriously. There are over 1 billion Sunni Muslims in the world (comparatively speaking, there are about as many Sunni Muslims as there are baptized Catholics in the world; on the other hand, the Shi’a are a small minority, found primarily in Iran, Iraq, and Bahrain - with small pockets in Syria and Lebanon). The largest Sunni Muslim country is not in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) area - it’s Indonesia, with Malaysia being a close second place. In fact, IIRC, there are more Muslims in Indonesia and Malaysia than all of MENA combined. Yet we don’t hear about Indonesians and Malaysians joining ISIS.

The violent stereotypes concerning Islam seem to center on the MENA because it was from there that the attacks on the European nations (and by extension, NA) have millennially arisen.

But the fact that more Muslims live in South Asia than the MENA, and are not particularly violent, doesn’t negate the threat posed by violence originating in the MENA to those living in the Atlantic nations. The Western orbit is much nearer to the MENA than to South Asia. And physical distance still matters.

ICXC NIKA

Actually, I’m not sure what you think it is that I’m implying. And, as I’m sure you know, some surveys state that the amount of Muslims that are radicalized is much higher than what I stated.

Is it true that Islam is the fastest growing religion today and has the most adherents?

I agree with you that many Muslim groups have denounced ISIS…that is a good thing. However, there is no single entity that “represents” Islam, and those that represent the worst in Islam are statistically significant.

The question, then, is what to do with this information? How should all these facts inform our foreign or domestic policy? I would argue that we must take all these facts into account. And the fact that there is a statistically significant portion of people posing a threat to peace is all the more reason to reach out to our Muslim allies abroad and Muslim communities at home to help us combat this threat. One of the ways we can do that is to avoid making inflammatory and unhelpful statements, like “I saw thousands of Muslims cheering 9/11 on the Jersey shore”. Security professionals must cringe when they hear rhetoric like that from a presidential candidate. It sure makes their job harder.

St. Benedict warns us about curious knowledge. Considering how available evil is on the internet, we should pray to resist clouding our minds with negativity.

In this case, I think we all need to know what we are up against.

ICXC NIKA

I agree! :thumbsup: I don’t doubt that it is only 1% or less of Muslims who would commit acts of terror or to take human lives. There is a much larger percentage of the Muslim population that believe that Islam should be the dominant world religion and that the their way of life needs to be imposed with on others. That can not be denied. In the United Kingdom 40% of Muslims want Sharia Law to be imposed throughout the United Kingdom even though most of the residents of the UK are not Muslim. Beyond that 1% of the Muslim population that would willing commit a terrorist act there is a much larger percentage of Muslims who sympathize with the aspirations or goals on the Islamic terrorists.

If there is not a “reform” within Islam if is my fear that this religious intolerance and acts of terror will continue throughout the world. The Arab press has had many articles and editorials on that fact that at 2045 Islam and not Christianity will be the world’s largest religion. If that does come to pass, and a lot may change between now and then, and there is no “Reform” within Islam I believe that the religious intolerance and terrorism will be worse and not better.

Details like that published in the magazine shouldn’t be read by all. Everyone should discern what is necessary and what isn’t…just reiterating a good and fair warning.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.