ISIS orders female genital mutilation in Iraq

The al-Qaeda-Inspired Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has ordered all girls and women between the ages of 11 and 46 in and around Iraq’s northern city of Mosul to undergo female genital mutilation, the United Nations said on Thursday.

“It is a fatwa (or religious edict) of ISIS, we learnt this this morning,” said Jacqueline Badcock, the number two U.N. official in Iraq.

The “fatwa” would potentially affect 4 million women and girls, Badcock told reporters in Geneva by videolink from Arbil.

“This is something very new for Iraq, particularly in this area, and is of grave concern and does need to be addressed,” she said, according to Reuters.

“This is not the will of Iraqi people, or the women of Iraq in these vulnerable areas covered by the terrorists,” she added.

No one was immediately available for comment from Islamic State which has led an offensive through northern and western Iraq.

english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2014/07/24/-ISIS-order-female-genital-mutilation-in-Iraq.html

You will know them by their works.

How long before we’re drawn into war with ISIS because of a terror attack, or mutual defense pacts with our allies in the region? This should be a rallying point between Russia and the US, East and West, and if war is inevitable I don’t see a reason to wait while ISIS tortures and murders as it wishes.

Oh, yeah, we have a panty-waisted coward for a president who delights in inflicting pain upon his political foes. By the time we have someone with a spine in the White House, ISIS will have mutilated hundreds of thousands of girls and perhaps launched missiles on Israel and Turkey.

The link in the original post didn’t work for me. Could be settings on my computer since it came up as a bunch of shapes. Just in case anybody else has problems, here is another source:

bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28466434

From the article:

Some bloggers suggest that the edict, or fatwa, may be a fabrication aimed at discrediting Isis.

Who are these bloggers that believe that ISIS needs to be discredited more then they already are. Their actions speak for themselves.

I have no love for ISIS, but it’s not that simple. We’ve been deep in the conflict of this region for decades. Iraq itself is not a “natural” country, but rather the result of the West’s attempt to divide and control territory of the Ottoman Empire around 100 years ago. There’s much internal division within Iraq.

Our traditional ally in the region, Saudi Arabia, has been supporting groups like ISIS for years and would likely support ISIS in a proxy war with Iran because of the Sunni / Shiite tensions in the region. Then there’s the fact that our own country destabilized Iraq in a war of convenience a decade ago.

So what plainly obvious solution is the President not taking in this situation?

Is there no problem, NONE, that you cannot blame on the President?

It is really getting old.

Much of the present instability in present-day Iraq can be directly attributed to President George the Lion Hearted and Dead Eye Dick.

Since there are doubts about the facts here. I am closing the thread until a confirmed source is cited by a reputable news source.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.