ISIS Rape Christian Mother and Daughter

Mosul, Iraq (AINA) – The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has begun to brutally enforce Islamic laws (AINA 2014-06-14) in Mosul, Iraq, which it overran on June 10.

Dr. Sallama Al Khafaji, a member of the Iraq High Commission for Human Rights, told AINA that on Saturday, June 21 ISIS began demanding a poll tax (jizya) from Christians in Mosul (AINA 2014-06-21). In one instance, ISIS members entered the home of an Assyrian family in Mosul and demanded the poll tax (jizya). When the Assyrian family said they did not have the money, three ISIS members raped the mother and daughter in front of the husband and father. The husband and father was so traumatized that he committed suicide.

aina.org/news/20140623185542.htm

I don’t think the United States should send its military forces or police the Middle-East in any way, shape, or form.

But that said, I thought our nation stood against Ethnic Cleansing and that News Media would report about Christians being Ethnically Cleansed in the Middle-East as it has in the past about other Ethnic Cleansings in Bosnia, Rwandan, and Kosovo.

However, when it come to Christians being Ethnically Cleansed in the Middle-East, our News Media seems, by and large, silent about the issue and don’t even use the term “Ethnic Cleansing” at all. :mad:

The official United Nations definition of ethnic cleansing is “rendering an area ethnically homogeneous by using force or intimidation to remove from a given area persons of another ethnic or religious group.”

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_cleansing

I think news reports have frequently mentioned the flight of ethnic groups from different regions of Iraq. A big concern is that Iraq will fragment, with different regions becoming more homogenous and less welcoming to others. This is true both for Shia and Sunni populations. It is also true for Christians, Turkmen, Yazidi, Kurds, Sufi, etc

If what happening can be described as “ethnic cleansing,” then it would apply to more than Christians. The vast majority of displaced Iraqis are not Christian.

Exactly this is ethnic cleansing of Christians primarily. They are the first one being targeted and not just in Iraq.

We are seeing it now in Iraq and Syria but we’ve seen it in Rwanda, Bosnia, etc.

I pray that the Christian Mother and Daughter can take refuge in God and I hope for their safety.

How cruel

To report the atrocities committed against Christians would undermine many ideologies in America,… those who want to claim that Christians are doing the persecuting rather than being persecuted.

A background on some of these persecutions that are occurring worldwide would show that in some instances, the ideologies started in a similar fashion in those areas.

Not true for all though.
Radical Muslims seem to be at the heart of many of these slayings and tortures. And their world view is a far cry from the average.

If Christians are silenced in America, as many would have happen, then these things will start occurring in America.

God bless, and may God comfort this poor woman and her child in this dark time, as well the others who are being slaughtered and their families.

Not just America, but the whole world should something about what’s going on in Iraq.

But everyone nowadays just has the “It’s not my problem” attitude.

The only reason the US has any interest in any part of the Middle East is oil. Consequently it is highly unlikely that anyone in charge of the money games being played there really could care less about any of the people regardless of their religion.

If we want to stop wars in general we need to start putting those who start them together in a rink to fight them. So after 911 Bush, the Governors, Mayors and Senators of this country should have been sent to the Middle East to fight the Taliban. Now that would have accomplished something and saved lots of innocent lives on both ends. The same could be said for “Religious Wars.” Though most wars really have nothing to do with Religion, and have more to do with power, money and control, it would probably end those so named wars faster if the Rabbi’s, Priests, Popes, Pastors or other Church Leaders had to do the fighting instead of the poor slobs drafted to do so.

Sadly they are not singling out christians. iSIS is calling on families with unmarried daughters to be turned over for the use of its soldiers.

Not good examples of anti-Christian persecution.

Rwanda was overwhelmingly Christians against other Christians. Non-Christians make up less than 10% of the population. It was ethnic genocide of minority Tutsis (and moderate Hutus) by majority Hutus. Who were primarily Catholic.

And the former Yougoslavia seemed to be concentrated between the Orthodox Serbs and the Catholic Croats. And then against the Muslim Bosniaks. I do not recall any attempts by the Muslims to ethnically cleanse the Christians.

Bosnia
europenews.dk/en/taxonomy/term/549

Let us not forget that hundreds of Churches were burn by Muslims either

Bosnian Catholics in a ‘grave position,’ cardinal warns europenews.dk/en/node/81526

Rwanda
markmoore.org/resources/essays/acts/persecution.pdf

KILLING OF CHRISTIANS IN NIGERIA LIKE RWANDAN GENOCIDE – ARCHBISHOP
barnabasfund.org/AU/Killing-of-Christians-in-Nigeria-like-Rwandan-genocide-Archbishop.html

Million of Christians were killed in Rwanda # 1 earlychurchofjesus.org/christians_rwanda.htm

Personally I prefer to believe the Cardinal and Archbishops before any secular media, however not even the secular media can hide the tremendous atrocities committed against Christians in Bosnia and Rwanda.
There is plenty of information and statistics all over the place. There is also tangible evidence as to Churches burnt, testimonies, etc.

And the fact that persecution of Christians remains in those places to this day is also evidence.

These people call themselves Muslims but yet they go and rape others as a punishment?? Doesn’t Islam forbid rape??

This is just absolutely sickening, cruel, and downright despicable! :(:mad:

Only if the victim is a Muslim and not an infidel, and even then Muslim women need four witnesses to prove rape or they get executed for adultery.

And America tries to curry favor with these barbarians. In fact, it’s our fault this is happening and we’d better repent or face the consequences.

Wow. That is really sad. :frowning:

From the article:

During a recent conference in Bosnia discussing interreligious violence, Cardinal Vinko Puljic said Catholics face great persecution due to a lack of ethnic equality.

“We Catholics are in a grave position. There is no equality and this is a problem. There is no equality in the Serbian Republic, there is no equality in the federation,” the cardinal explained to CNA June 17.

(snip)

The current religious and ethnic situation is complex, Cardinal Puljic observed. The region has seen a series of wars, the most recent of which is the Bosnian War of 1992-1995 in which the **country’s Serb population began a policy of ethnic “cleansing” in large areas of Bosnia inhabited by non-Serbs and Muslim, Croat and Serb **populations who opposed their army.

So it was persecution by Serbs (Christians) against Croats (Christians) and Bosniaks (Muslim) – as well as against other Serbs (Christian).

There may be discrimination against Catholics today in Bosnia – not surprising, I’d say Bosniaks have no real reason to love Croats and Serbs – but it’s not on the same level as what was going on during the wars in Yugoslavia. If so, His Eminence would have said so.

[quote=Atisor207]Rwanda
markmoore.org/resources/essays/acts/persecution.pdf
[/quote]

Who is Mark Moore?

From the website:

[quote=Atisor207]1994: As many as 500,000 of the 700,000 Rwandans killed were believers.
[/quote]

This is not in dispute. Problem is, the attackers were also believers. This was a Hutu-on-Tutsi ethnic genocide. And the Christians’ hands were bloody up to the elbows. The slaughter was carried out by the armed forces, militias, and local civilians – the majority of whom were Christian.

[quote=Atisor207]KILLING OF CHRISTIANS IN NIGERIA LIKE RWANDAN GENOCIDE – ARCHBISHOP
barnabasfund.org/AU/Killing-of-Christians-in-Nigeria-like-Rwandan-genocide-Archbishop.html
[/quote]

We’re not talking about Nigeria.

[quote=Atisor207]Million of Christians were killed in Rwanda # 1 earlychurchofjesus.org/christians_rwanda.htm

Personally I prefer to believe the Cardinal and Archbishops before any secular media…
[/quote]

Personally, I prefer not to use a website that calls the Apostle Paul a “false apostle”. :rolleyes:

[quote=Atisor207]…however not even the secular media can hide the tremendous atrocities committed against Christians in Bosnia and Rwanda.
[/quote]

…by other Christians.

You still have not provided me with any evidence that the ethnic cleansing in Bosnia and the Rwandan genocide was some massive pogrom against Christians by non-Christians. In Rwanda, there were hardly any non-Christians involved. Non-Christians made up about 5% of the population, max, before the genocide.

[quote=Atisor207]There is plenty of information and statistics all over the place. There is also tangible evidence as to Churches burnt, testimonies, etc.

And the fact that persecution of Christians remains in those places to this day is also evidence.
[/quote]

I do not doubt that there is persecution of Christians. The Middle East, China, Indonesia – and, as you mentioned in this post, Nigeria – all spring to mind. I just don’t think that Bosnia and Rwanda fit the bill. As a matter of fact, they just show that Christians will persecute too, given the right circumstances.

That’s so true. Most wars arnt fought for “helping” people it all has to do with power and money. People like to love in the illusion that we no longer live in the time of imperialistic empires but we most defeiently do. They are just different.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.