Islam and apperations.

Does Islam believe in any apparitions since Mohammed’s by Gabriel?

If not, were they strictly forbidden by Mohammed’s revelations?

If not forbidden, do Muslim’s look for them?

[quote=iamrefreshed]Does Islam believe in any apparitions since Mohammed’s by Gabriel?

[/quote]

No apparitions are necesary.

Nor are any signs looked for, since they have the Quran, which is regarded as a sign in itself.

Should an apparition appear, they are likely to say it is a jinn or some such thing.
Else they will convert to catholicism
:slight_smile:

[quote=iamrefreshed]Does Islam believe in any apparitions since Mohammed’s by Gabriel?

[/quote]

No, no apparitions. If you think you see angels than its best you go to your local mental institution ASAP.

[quote=Eetaq]No, no apparitions. If you think you see angels than its best you go to your local mental institution ASAP.
[/quote]

Interesting, that you should say this.

Islam believes in miracles, doesnt it?

[quote=Eetaq]No, no apparitions. If you think you see angels than its best you go to your local mental institution ASAP.
[/quote]

I’m sure that was a joke Eetaq?

idk…I was kind of joking but not really… :ehh:

[quote=Eetaq]idk…I was kind of joking but not really… :ehh:
[/quote]

Come on…what if it was a Jinn? Would we both need to be locked up?

[quote=iamrefreshed]Come on…what if it was a Jinn? Would we both need to be locked up?
[/quote]

Eetaq, would you have given the same advice to the prophet?

Would you have told him he was insane?

The reason why islam does not look for apparitions, is because they do not occur in islam.

They seem to occur only in Christianity.

Here are some islamic miracles, you can judge the tangible evidence of God in islam by the quality of the signs.

geocities.com/islamicmiracles/

http://biblia.com/apparitions/virgin-zeitun-16gg.jpg

Literally millions saw the apparitions of the Virgin Mary over the Coptic Church named for her in Egypt in 1968-69.

Source: members.aol.com/bjw1106/marian7.htm" Official investigations have been carried out with the result that it has been considered an undeniable fact that the Blessed Virgin Mary has been appearing on Zeitun Church in a clear and bright luminous body seen by all present in front of the church, whether Christian or Moslem"

Report of General Information and Complaints Department, Zeitun, Egypt 1968

Moslems who saw the apparitions chanted from the Koran,* “Mary, God has chosen thee. And purified thee; He has chosen thee. Above all women.” *

Here is another picture from the Zeitun apparitions.

“The Virgin used to walk over the church, especially over the middle dome, and to bow in front of the cross that shone, then, with a bright light.”

Source: zeitun-eg.org/stmary9.htm

BTW everione, I’m veery emmbbarassed that I speled apparitions inncorrectli in the titel of this thred. I’m not useally that bad with speling!:wink:

[quote=iamrefreshed]BTW everione, I’m veery emmbbarassed that I speled apparitions inncorrectli in the titel of this thred. I’m not useally that bad with speling!:wink:
[/quote]

Your speeling is really atrocius bro. :slight_smile:

Don’t worry.

God bless you.

Reuben :slight_smile:

Is there a Muslim opinion on the Marian Apparition in Egypt? The pictures are in this thread.

I’m interested in any personal and scholarly opinions if you know of any.

Is the picture on thread # 9 real as well?

[quote=iamrefreshed]BTW everione, I’m veery emmbbarassed that I speled apparitions inncorrectli in the titel of this thred. I’m not useally that bad with speling!:wink:
[/quote]

I am also very picky when it comes to spelling. On the WhyIslam forum, it comes with spellcheck. This forum doesn’t have one does it?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.