Islam and Heaven or paradise, do women go where men go when they die?

So I would like to know the beliefs for muslims and what heaven or paradise is to them.
Who gets to go there and will women and men be in this same paradise together, or are they separated?

I know the understanding of the church teaching for catholics and we believe in heaven in a much different way.
Thats obvious, but we dont believe there will be anymore sexual pleasure. I hear different for the muslims and would like someone to elaborate if they could.

yes men with women in palaces :slight_smile:

‘those who believe in God, and work righteousness’ is repeated dozens of times in the Qur’an when describing those who will be granted Paradise.

I don’t know of any reason to think men and women will be ‘separated’.

So, men and women are separated in the mosques but not in Heaven? Why does Allah change the rules in the afterlife?

Because this world and the next world aren’t the same place are they? That’s a really bizarre question.

What do Islamic women get in heaven? Here is a bit of the goodies the men get…

*052.024 *Round about them will serve, (devoted) to them, young male servants (handsome) as Pearls well-guarded.

044:51-055 Yes and we shall wed them to dark-eyed houris (beautiful virgins).

078: 033-034 And voluptuous women of equal age, and a full cup.

*055.070 *In them will be fair (Companions), good, beautiful;-
*055.072 *Companions restrained (as to their glances), in (goodly) pavilions;-
*055.074 *Whom no man or Jinn before them has touched;-

*056.022 *And (there will be) Companions with beautiful, big, and lustrous eyes,-
*056.023 *Like unto Pearls well-guarded.

*056.035 *We have created (their Companions) of special creation.
*056.036 *And made them virgin - pure (and undefiled), -

056.03 7Beloved (by nature), equal in age,-

Here is a link to the Qur’an so you can look at the verses in context
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/

It is bizarre only because of your cultural context. Western culture teaches us to think logically and linearly. For us, God is “Logos”. For you, Allah is “Will”. You don’t assume, nor expect, that God is logical. The Quran is a jumbled, disjointed collection of writings, whereas the Bible is coherent, consistent and purposefully laid out. I find that most of my dialogues with Muslims are impeded by the lack of shared understanding of logic.

To the original poster, Muhammed said that they majority of people in Hell are women.

I’ve had Muslims tell me that women, likewise, get sexual partners. I haven’t had an answer as to whether the 72 virgins awarded to martyrs are created in Heaven solely for that purpose, or if women who die and go to Heaven are recreated as virgins to serve the martyrs. In Islam, the reward for a life lived for the Creator, is not to be in the presence of God for eternity, but to have an eternal orgy.

Fair for mankind is love of that they covet: women and offspring; piled hoards of gold and silver; horses branded; and cattle and land. These are possessions of this worldly life; but closeness with God is the best of rewards (3:14)

Now for the truth. Kadaveri is here to peddle confusion about what Islam teaches. The emphasis on the* afterworld* in Islam is universally on sexual pleasure and an orgy of the finest foods.

This will give every Christian here chills:

islamreview.com/articles/islamicheaven.shtml

Well - I don’t necessarily see a problem with men and women being separated during pray. I’m not advising it in a Catholic Mass - but Jews used to…

However, I do find it strange that that women would want to go to the Islamic heaven, because it seems like it would be eternal servitude for them. It seems like the Islamic heaven is a lustful, polygamous male-centered place - not a place of purity and everlasting life like in Catholicism. Also women seem to be treated as property their - or at least they are in the more radical islamic branches because the suicide bombers are meant to “get” (i.e. possess (sp), own) 72 virgins (or some number like that).

I don’t see why a female would want to go there.

Catholig

False prophet, false religion. false teachings and a blind hatred of the West and non-moslems. Westerners who convert to mohammedanism are truly deluded and traitors to their culture. Sound harsh? Truth is sometimes hard to stomach. What sane woman would want to go to moslem “heaven?” An eternity of servitude and sexual exploitation. Ugh!

I’m here to learn about Catholics and their faith, and to give them a better understanding of my faith. I’m not here to ‘peddle confusion about what Islam teaches’, that’s not in my interest at all, and if you don’t mind I’d request that you not judge my intentions like that and call it ‘the truth’. Judge not lest ye be judged… I only quoted from the Qur’an to show that according to Islam the best reward is being with God.

And I think most Christians are intelligent enough to recognise such evangelical hatemongering when they see it.

You would do well to spend more time examining why the brass tacks of Islam are:

1. Don’t ask questions

2. Don’t expect Allah to be logical

3. Expect the death penalty if you reject Islam

Telling the truth about Islam is not “hatemongering.” Telling the truth about their religion has been a problem for many moslems on these forums.

you are brainwashed and i`m debating you to prove what you say :rolleyes:

Bit of an aggressive accusation against Kadaveri there Eden. How do you know that is the truth?

Exactly. And we are very aware of the tactics of Muslims to present a sanitized version of Islam, in the hopes of getting extra merit points for converting non-Muslims. To which we should all politely say, "Don’t try to book your ticket to Heaven through me”.

Shall we talk about aggression? Aggression against non-believers, or worse against apostate Muslims, as taught in the Quran? Or shall we talk about the aggression of a Muslim poster who came to a Catholic forum “to learn about Catholicism”, but spends no time asking questions about our faith in earnest scholarship, but spends all his time promoting such ideas as “the bible is corrupted”?

1. The reason I *am *a Muslim is because I asked questions, the Qur’an is full of verses telling mankind to think and reflect on things instead of following conjecture and ‘tradition’.

2. I expect God to be logical, and I find everything Islam teaches about God to be perfectly logical.

3. There’s nothing preventing me to reject Islam if ever I want to, and I’d be much more likely to die electrocuting myself with a toaster than killed for leaving Islam.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.