Islam and homosexuality

Now those who know me know that I am with the Church on her moral teachings. I don’t think homosexuality is okay and I believe homosexual acts are sins. However, I don’t think we should kill or flog homosexuals. Don’t think the ole’ cest is going soft! I am a certified redneck from childhood. But while I don’t want them as scoutleaders neither would I support chopping their heads off.

Muslims however think differently. They do execute homosexuals or otherwise punish them. Would any of the Muslims here like to try and justify this or explain it?

I thought pro would jump right on this one? I really want to hear some thoughts about this issue.

[quote=cestusdei]I thought pro would jump right on this one? I really want to hear some thoughts about this issue.
[/quote]

Hello, I heard that you are a priest. Would you tell me exactly the catholic church point of view about homosexuality? thanks father!

PS: pro is a knight… for the muslims. :stuck_out_tongue:

Let’s see if I can reply in pro’s place … 'no, Moslems don’t really execute or corporally punish homosexuals, and if they do the ancient Jews and Christian rulers did first … and if they do it’s because Israel/Europe/America has made the Middle East so poor and backward that they don’t know how to do any better … ’

nice one Lily. anyway, I really wanted to know from catholics point of view first, if father cast do not mind?..

I believe Islam is far cruel about homosexuality. I read somewhere than an iranian got hanged because he admitted it he was a gay…

I can bet why no post on this one.

Yes, they hung 2 Iranian teens recently. In Afghanistan they knock down walls on them. We believe that homosexuality is an objective moral disorder and that homosexual acts are always seriously sinful. That’s the nuts and bolts of it.

[quote=cestusdei]I can bet why no post on this one.

Yes, they hung 2 Iranian teens recently. In Afghanistan they knock down walls on them. We believe that homosexuality is an objective moral disorder and that homosexual acts are always seriously sinful. That’s the nuts and bolts of it.
[/quote]

Ok. I know their stand point about homosexuality. I witness it by myself how an uztaadzah speak in her anger that people like that will be cursed and burned in hell because they are against allah. :frowning: :frowning:

Pro won’t respond like that here. If he is, as I believe, a Muslim. He would have to say they deserve punishment. It would expose his real religious beliefs. So he will not touch this thread.

I always understood many upright citizens considered Islam’s treatment of gay men one of the few good parts of this religion. See the religious who denounce the gay men get to share in the $ and property of their victims. A win/win apparently.

Mike,
I will admit that I started the thread to illustrate that Islam is not all that peaceful. My suspicion was that Muslims would not respond because they would shock us. I wanted to put them on the spot by telling us what they believe.

Thank you. I’m well aware that Islam does not treat gay men as humans. And yes, the people who denounce the gay guys, who subsequently get executed, gets a share the of $ and property of their victims. In some versions of Islam, this is a “win/win.”

There are organizations dedicated to rescuing gay men fleeing these death dealing regimes. I’ll give some links after I finish my research on line.
Thanks
Mike

[quote=Cyber Knight]Ok. I know their stand point about homosexuality. I witness it by myself how an uztaadzah speak in her anger that people like that will be cursed and burned in hell because they are against allah. :frowning: :frowning:
[/quote]

Homosexuals MUST DIE according to the Bible

The killing of homosexuals is condoned and encouraged in the wonderful laws of Leviticus. Leviticus 20:13 clearly states “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.” Well there you have it, Homosexuality is wrong, and they must pay the ultimate price… IN THE NAME OF GOD!!!

Who else shouldn’t people do?

Don’t let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)

Don’t have a variety of crops on the same field. (Leviticus 19:19)

Don’t wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)

Don’t cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9) Have you ever done that?

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die. (Leviticus 20:10). I wonder if Dr. Laura would like that one to be enforced?

If a man sleeps with his father’s wife… both him and his father’s wife is to be put to death. (Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death. (Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed. (Leviticus 20:15-16). I guess you should kill the animal since they were willing participants. Are they crazy?

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be “cut off from their people” (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death. (Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest’s daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake. (Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community. (Leviticus 24:14-16)

Don’t let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)

One must wonder why there are so many people wanting to site Leviticus for gay bashing, but they never mention these rules. How strange. It is common that a Christian will blow off these old rules with “Jesus came to change the laws, so these are outmoded, and we don’t need them”, but throughout Leviticus God states that these laws are to be followed forever. Hmmm.

Islam does not condone homosexuality nor does it condone killing of homosexuals.
If the best example of Islam you can find is Taliban and Iran… you need to do more research buddy.

The Qu’ran says that people sometimes have homosexual feelings but that they should keep it to themselves. its not illegal being gay but its illegal having sex with the same sex because a) its not within the context of marriage b) marriage = man and woman c) sodomy is illegal…

and im sure you Catholics (atleast the ones that truly know their religiona nd are open minded) woudl agree with that.

and a person with homosexual tendency who fights off their temptation is granted Paradise.

and only time killing someone is permitted is according to the Qu’ran is when that person kills.

[quote=Muslim]Islam does not condone homosexuality nor does it condone killing of homosexuals.
If the best example of Islam you can find is Taliban and Iran… you need to do more research buddy.

The Qu’ran says that people sometimes have homosexual feelings but that they should keep it to themselves. its not illegal being gay but its illegal having sex with the same sex because a) its not within the context of marriage b) marriage = man and woman c) sodomy is illegal…

and im sure you Catholics (atleast the ones that truly know their religiona nd are open minded) woudl agree with that.

and a person with homosexual tendency who fights off their temptation is granted Paradise.

and only time killing someone is permitted is according to the Qu’ran is when that person kills.
[/quote]

logic 100% :thumbsup:
but they think that muslims kill homosexual like what their religion taught them .

[quote=Ishmael’s child]logic 100% :thumbsup:
but they think that muslims kill homosexual like what their religion taught them .
[/quote]

yeah, unfortunately, Iran and Taliban are still thought as Islamic when they clearly defy the Qu’ran.

This thread appears to be nothing more than a complete farce!

Another callous and unfounded attack upon an Islam that quite frankly the attackers know nothing of, they remain ignorant to the true Islam, and instead decide to mock what they think Islam is - educate yourselves, do not just make repulsive remarks about a religion.

To the OP, here is a message taken from another thread by Jaypeeto3 in regards to a Muslim questioning Christianity:

Clearly, you do not understand the meaning of the texts of the Bible - inappropriate here. Why do you even bother to post such nonsensical rants?
You don’t know the first thing about what you are talking about.

I end with a note from Bishop Gaillot, who wrote this comment in 1995, in regards to some Muslim extremists and Islam:

“Moslem brothers, it is a Christian who approaches you. I come with sentiments of peace. I know that the veil of blood that descends on you today is not that of true Islamic faith, which orders neither crime nor intolerance. I also know that you, inhabitants of Kabylia, are people who reject that criminal direction. I always tell Christians not to be affraid of other religions, not to be affraid of differences.”

So it is illegal. What is the punishment then pray tell?

[quote=cestusdei]So it is illegal. What is the punishment then pray tell?
[/quote]

"If two men among you are guilty of lewdness, punish them both. If they repent and amend, Leave them alone; for Allah is Oft-returning, Most Merciful"
and the sexual intercourse has to be witnessed by 4 people…
after that they can be punished… if they are unmarried, they are usually punished depending on judges, usually flog… if they are married, they areflogged.

[quote=Muslim]"If two men among you are guilty of lewdness, punish them both. If they repent and amend, Leave them alone; for Allah is Oft-returning, Most Merciful"
and the sexual intercourse has to be witnessed by 4 people…
after that they can be punished… if they are unmarried, they are usually punished depending on judges, usually flog… if they are married, they areflogged.
[/quote]

You mean they are treated better than women who defend themselves against rapists?

[quote=onesimplemind]You mean they are treated better than women who defend themselves against rapists?
[/quote]

where do you get this? wtf are you talking about? are you smoking something?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.