Islam Converts

What drew you to Islam and away from christianity?

I have been reading about Islam and it is very interesting.

Thanks

It does not believe in the real Jesus, and therefore can offer no real salvation.

You cannot prove their religion is any less valid than yours , so please start another thread if you want to debate this.

No, it doesn’t work that way here.:slight_smile: Although this is the forum of non Catholic religions, Catholics, Protestatns and atheists are still going to come onto this thread and debate. So, everyone is going to jump on board and talk about Islamic converts.:shrug::smiley:

:rolleyes:
yes ,People here have a hard time staying on topic. ADD? But thats ok, I wont feed the trolls.:thumbsup:

** In the name of Allah , the Most Gracious , Ever Merciful **

http://theislampath.com/smf/Smileys/default/salam.gif

I read so many stories on revert to Islam . Many Christians said , they could not understand Trinity mystery . Islam is very strict on oneness of God & that attracted them to the truth :smiley:

related links: From Church Goer to Mosque Leader

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheader=image%2Fjpeg&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1234174591775&ssbinary=true

Thirteen years ago Vicente Mota Alfaro was a devout Catholic who regularly attends Sunday masses and reads the Holy Bible daily.

Today, he is not just a new Muslim but the imam of the mosque of the Islamic Cultural Center of Valencia (CCIV).

He is the first ever convert to hold the post and lead the Muslim congregation in the mosque.

islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1233567734696&pagename=Zone-English-News/NWELayout

When Jesus Led Me to Islam

Canadian Deacon Embraces Islam

readingislam.com/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1230490521709&pagename=Zone-English-Discover_Islam%2FDIELayout

Pray for poor deluded Vincente.

He couldn’t have been a devout Catholic if he didn’t believe in the crucifixion and what it means.

The turning point for Alfaro came when reading the Qur’anic story of Jesus Christ and the crucifixion incident.
“I used to read in the Gospel that Jesus is the son of God, and that God sent his son to earth to be killed and tortured to bring salvation to humanity. I always hard a problem believing,” he remembers.

Sounds pretty phony! He picks up a Quran and bingo! he instantly accepts what’s in it! Bogus!:rolleyes:

Vickie

Thanks for that! Muslim Woman did you convert?

Comment’s like these and attacks from other members towards Islam or other christian or non-christian faiths is what draws me away from Christianity as a religion. Don’t get me wrong for I know other religions do attack Catholic and non-Catholic beliefs but there seems to be such hatred lately from Christians that I do not seem to see from Muslims at least here in the US or from other religious forums. I would not call myself a convert for I have not yet recited its declaration of faith but have been studying Islam more extensively then I ever did Christianity. Plus I do not consider Jesus as a God. I have always considered (even having received a Christian religious education) that Jesus was only a man and never divine. A prophet is what I consider of Jesus. A very spiritually influential man touched by God that preached a new form and mindset of religion that was different from the Jews. To me this is no different from Islam but for me Islam brings a more realistic overtone of faith in conjunction with Judaism and Christianity that I feel Catholicism could not provide.

I look upon all major religions and their denominations as a test from God. A way to teach diversity, equality and harmony within our existence. We may call God by different names, we may celebrate God’s teachings in different fashions but to me it does not matter to how we as humans look upon God but how we look upon ourselves. For I believe no matter our religion we shall all be judged upon our deaths and what we did in life with ring out an eternity. Did we love, listen and abide to God’s law? Did we love ourselves? Did we love our fellow brothers and sisters? Did we learn diversity, equality and harmony? These are just many questions and each of us will seek out our own way to follow God (or prepare for the afterlife) no matter if is Catholicism, Islam, Buddhism or even just using Science to explain it.

For me I choose to seek Islam and Science to provide those answers.

And if Science and Islam disagree, to which do you give priority?

Do you see nothing wrong in the hatred and violence preached against the unbelievers in the Quran? You see nothing wrong in a 54 year old man having sex with a 9 year old? Do you see nothing wrong in his approval of lying if it helps Islam’s cause?

Does Islam consider the unbelievers as innocent or the equals of Muslims? When you talk about “loving our brothers and sisters” does that apply only to Muslims? Islam is institutionalized apartheid! It’s the “us versus they” mentality. How can you accept that as good?

Vickie

I think Iwesshome was making a comment about the hypocrisy he sees amongst Christians. We advocate love of neighbor and the like, and then limit who we consider to be our neighbor. Unfortunately, I must agree with him. All too often I hear comments that illustrate a lack of charity for each other and for the alien. One may rebuke another for an “us vs. them” mentality, but carry the same mentality themselves. I think we all agree that such petty divisions in the Christian faith as well as actions contrary to what we preach do little to show the face of God to our friends. A number of our comments may have truth behind them, but it doesn’t mean we must include the name calling or one-sided accusations when we present the truth.

Oh, and Iwesshome, Soutane is being generous when he calls the man in question deluded. Perhaps you would be happier if he used the word tricked, but it’s the same meaning. how did you expect him to respond anyway? He left the Catholic Church, which we consider to have the fullness of Truth, in the pursuit of Truth; thus he must have been tricked into thinking the fullness of Truth lay elsewhere. The other option is that he knowingly rejects the fullness of Truth, which is a very grave sin. That said, what is Soutane to say, follow your conscience even if he thinks its not working right? I think the best we can say is that we hope at the moment of his death, he may accept God and be at peace.

Would’nt it make more since to bring this up on a muslam board? The Catholic or ANY Christian faith it far supior to islam. We have the true God. They have moon god allah done up as a remix without the goddess daughters thrown in.

Agree.:wink:

That is your opinion to which you and anyone else has no proof.
Just because you have faith in the church does not mean a Muslim does not have faith in Islam. Your faith is no better than a Muslims faith.
For each crime you wage against Islam , a Muslim can call out the church on crimes.

Who is waging crimes against Islam?:confused:

If one believes a truth why should you hide it? Since you have embraced no single truth you will be easily offended and that is not the fault of those who do fully embrace a faith.

Don’t get me wrong for I know other religions do attack Catholic and non-Catholic beliefs but there seems to be such hatred lately from Christians that I do not seem to see from Muslims at least here in the US or from other religious forums.

A lack of personal charity is not restricted to a religion, particularly a religion that has at its core to be charitiable.

Moslems here in the US are not a valid example as the civil laws in the west are very different from the civil and religious laws in the east in Moslem dominated countries. The singular ‘no compulsion’ verse is neither legislated or practiced as our 1st Amendment freedom of religion is, or even the UDHR’s freedom clauses. Islam takes exception to this and rewords it to fit Islaimc beliefs which no longer make it universal.

I would not call myself a convert for I have not yet recited its declaration of faith but have been studying Islam more extensively then I ever did Christianity.

A true shame.

Plus I do not consider Jesus as a God. I have always considered (even having received a Christian religious education) that Jesus was only a man and never divine. A prophet is what I consider of Jesus. A very spiritually influential man touched by God that preached a new form and mindset of religion that was different from the Jews. To me this is no different from Islam but for me Islam brings a more realistic overtone of faith in conjunction with Judaism and Christianity that I feel Catholicism could not provide.

It’s very different and since you admit you do not study it in any depth how do you compare Mohammed and Jesus?

I look upon all major religions and their denominations as a test from God. A way to teach diversity, equality and harmony within our existence. We may call God by different names, we may celebrate God’s teachings in different fashions but to me it does not matter to how we as humans look upon God but how we look upon ourselves. For I believe no matter our religion we shall all be judged upon our deaths and what we did in life with ring out an eternity.

Islam does not beleive you as do.

Did we love, listen and abide to God’s law? Did we love ourselves? Did we love our fellow brothers and sisters?

Mohammed does not teach this in the Quran. It is conditional to being Moslem to love and be loved as no unbeleiver is a brother and sister to a believer.

Did we learn diversity, equality and harmony? These are just many questions and each of us will seek out our own way to follow God (or prepare for the afterlife) no matter if is Catholicism, Islam, Buddhism or even just using Science to explain it.

Islam does not value diversity as it forced Arabic culture on non-Arabs. Islam does not value equality as Moslems are the best of humans and non-moslems are to be taxed unfairly and subjugated to show their inferority. The lack of diversity and equality is not harmonious under Islam. The violent rift between Sunni and Shia proves this.

For me I choose to seek Islam and Science to provide those answers.

Science will never prove faith and Islam has no scientific support. It claims Mohammed was a perfect man, equal to or above Jesus in character and integrity. It claims the Gospels and Torah are corrupt. Simple facts reveal the opposite as Islamic history describes Mohammed killing/assassinating others, stealing, taking slaves and children to his bed and while the New Testament does not contradict the Old Testament, 600 years later the Quran contradicts both to prove itself true.

Science contiues to support the Judeo/Christian claims with respect to geography, people, and civilizations within their texts and modern day discoveries, unlike Islam which claims Abraham went to Mekka, built the Kabba and dug a well while visting Ishmael who was living there in contradiction of established biblical facts about Abraham. If you think science proves Islamic dogma- where is it?

Is it wrong or uncharitable to call a person who steals a thief? Islam will cut off the hand of a thief and unless you call that a charitable and loving act in response to a clear prohibition by any faith, teh prophet of Islam did much worse and to take offense at naming that shows a lack of knowledge or integrity.

Maybe, but you need to keep in mind that I don’t care.

Sad. :rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.