Islam: End Times?

We all know that different types of Christians will disagree about the rapture and the final years, what do Muslims believe will happen with regard to the end of the world/judgement day?

Islam’s religion can be traced through the lineage of Ishmael, Abraham’s illegitimate son.

God’s word has not come down to us through Ishmael, it has come down to us through the lineage of Isaac, Abraham’s son by promise.

Not to marginilize you, or, your question… But, it really doesn’t matter what Islam believes, teaches, or practices when it comes to our desire to discover God’s will, His promises, and His plans for the future.

I would recommend that you search the scriptures for answers regarding the end times or for any other question that you might have. The word of God should be the final authority for believers in all matters of faith and doctrine.

By the way, the “rapture” is a favorite subject of mine… Right now I’m struggling between two concepts… The pre-tribulation rapture of the Church, or the pre-wrath rapture of the church. I used to think that both were one and the same… But I’ve recently taken up the study of both concepts, as I think that there may be a subtle difference…

The pre-tribulation rapture refers to the rapture of the Church BEFORE the period of 7 year tribulation begins… The pre-wrath rapture refers to a rapture that would occur between the first 3 1/2 years and the second 3 1/2 years. Having said that… I in no way think that this comes under the heading of essential doctrine. But, every believer will know when it happens, either way.

tim2,

I think you may be in the wrong forum. This forum is expressly for Islamic beliefs. I would recommend spending some time in the apologetics forum, and perhaps invest some money in “Will Catholics Be Left Behind?” (ignatius.com/ViewProduct.aspx?SID=1&Product_ID=260&AFID=12& )

Peace,
RyanL

[quote=Jabronie]We all know that different types of Christians will disagree about the rapture and the final years, what do Muslims believe will happen with regard to the end of the world/judgement day?
[/quote]

This is a big topic. But to cut it short, our sources say that Islam will be victorious at the end of time.

peace,

deen

[quote=RyanL]tim2,

I think you may be in the wrong forum. This forum is expressly for Islamic beliefs. I would recommend spending some time in the apologetics forum, and perhaps invest some money in “Will Catholics Be Left Behind?” (ignatius.com/ViewProduct.aspx?SID=1&Product_ID=260&AFID=12& )

Peace,
RyanL
[/quote]

Yes, I think I’m in the wrong forum too. Thanks for reminding me.

MARANATHA!

[quote=deen]This is a big topic. But to cut it short, our sources say that Islam will be victorious at the end of time.

peace,

deen
[/quote]

That’s not exactly what I mean. Do people of the Islamic faith has a specific belief about what happens at the end. Will there be a whole “judge the living and the dead” scenerio. Do they belief a Messiah of some sort will arrive/return to Earth to raise and judge every soul? Is their idea of the afterlife (Heaven & Hell) similar to Christians.

Many thanks!

I am pretty sure (and deen can correct me if I’m wrong) that Muslims believe Jesus will return, as do Christians, and destroy the anti-Christ. I don’t know all the details of what will happen with the end of the world, though, and I’m not sure if they have a section of the Qu’ran that’s like Revelation.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.