Islam: Fastest Growing Religion?

I’m not sure if this topic has been brought up before, but its one I think should be discussed. Why is Islam the fastest growing religion in the world? It’s a religion that is known for its unfairness to women, it’s rejection of western society and principles, forcing Christians/Jews in the Middle East and Asia to convert, terrorist attacks, having multiple wives and having sex with very young girls. I get that not all Muslims are like this, but I just don’t get the appeal of Islam. While Christianity has able to evolve and find a place in modern, western society, Islam never has. Also, there is more proof for Christianity. Thousands saw Jesus’ miracles, both Mary and Joseph saw the Angel Gabriel, the Wise Men saw the Star and many, many Christians have seen miracles throughout the ages, while no one, but Muhammad, saw the Angel in the cave where he wrote the Qu’ran.

My point is…why are so many, especially is westernized countries, leaving Christianity for Islam? I get why they would for Judaism, Buddhism or even Atheism. But Islam…I don’t get it. I’m part Lebanese and my ancestors had to endure centuries of oppression and persecution from Muslims to hold on to their Catholic faith. That’s how powerful it is. Islam is really growing in Europe, and this really makes no sense to me.

What thoughts and ideas do you guys have?

Kitty:heart:

When you look at it that way, of course it wouldn’t make sense. There’s more to it than what meets the eye, though. The suppositions you brought up are very common assumptions; not because there’s truth to them, but because of that factr that Islam is widely targeted in every area of media on a massive scale, many people assume that that’s all there is to it. You’re not going to understand why Islam is growing so fast if you just look on the surface and never investigate by yourself.

I don’t necessarily blame you, though. It’s part of the Illuminati’s agenda to demonize us.

I would question that it’s the fastest growing religion. It doesn’t matter, though. Numbers don’t dictate truth.

It only appears to be "fast growing "because of the birth rate.

Islam is becoming more exposed for what it really stands for on a daily basis, no longer can any Muslim truthfully claim that his faith is all about peace and tolerance, because the facts prove otherwise…
This section taken from Wikipedia shows the claim “Islam is the fastest growing religion “is not as factual as some would like to think.

“Statistical data on conversion to and from Islam are scarce. What little information is available suggests that there is no substantial net gain or loss in the number of Muslims through conversion globally; the number of people who become Muslims through conversion seems roughly equal to the number of Muslims who leave the faith. As a result, this report does not include any estimated future rate of conversions as a direct factor in the projections of Muslim population growth.”[70] The growth of Islam from 2010 to 2020 has been estimated at 1.70%[67] due to high birthrates in Asia, the Middle East, and Europe.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_of_religion

Haven’t most major religions made this claim or at least bragged about numbers? :rolleyes:

Some Muslims like to inflate their numbers. If the truth is on your side, that should not be necessary.

A few years ago, someone was on Al-Jazeera and he was alarmed at all the African Muslims converting to Christianity.

Also think about what “fastest growing” could mean. If you’ve got one spot with 2 Muslims and 6 more show up, that’s a big increase % wise but not numerically.

My point is…why are so many, especially is westernized countries, leaving Christianity for Islam?

The conversion factor is more complicated than that. Right now it’s going from Christian to secular. Secularism gives all kinds of free passes to Islam. In fact, Islam is routinely and assertively defended by Western liberals on this forum.

But liberal secularism won’t last long. Certainly not the way China, Russia and Islam are moving.

I would say that it is, but only because Islamic states all but require membership in Islam, and don’t allow people to leave Islam even if they want to. I remember reading a story about how a large percentage of refugees who escaped the Islamic states almost immediately converted to Christianity. I’d lay odds that there’s a huge number of closet Christians counted as Muslims simply because conversion would almost certainly mean death. I we ever manage to finally free those states from Sharia law, I’d lay odds we’d see an explosion of conversions to Christianity, or at least away from Islam.

Well, if they’re so confident that Islam is true and right, they should adopt religious freedom.

What’s the worry then, eh?

Hey now, don’t go using logic here. Next thing you know we’ll have people pointing out that large expansions in Islam have only ever happened through violent military conquest. I mean, the nerve, bringing history into the discussion, heaven forbid…

The Illuminati? … :shrug: Even if that were true, Muslims do a pretty good job of demonizing themselves.

Yes. I believe they have probably picked up a lot of converts recently in Syria and Iraq through the gentle and peaceful means of “submit or die”. The Muslims need no help in being demonized by any outside entity.

Really? The “Illuminati”? You’ve been watching to many movies.

Have you ever read the Catholic Church’s official position on the religion of Islam? It is far from demonizing.

LebaneseKitty;12275387]I’m not sure if this topic has been brought up before, but its one I think should be discussed. Why is Islam the fastest growing religion in the world?

My point is…why are so many, especially is westernized countries, leaving Christianity for Islam?

1. Moderate peaceful** Muslims are moving their families from Muslim countries and becoming educated and learning English in the Western free societies who are populating Western societies with a high Muslim birth rate,** becoming legal citizens of free Western societies.

2. **Christian Western societies have legalized the killing of unborn children with ABORTION LAWS. **The Muslims do not kill their unborn children, therefore are out-populating Christian citizens and Christian countries.

3 Free Western public Education institutions have removed the freedom of Christian prayer and faith in God from their curriculum, including the patriotism spirit of our national anthem and pledge of allegiance to our flag and nation, all add to the growth of Islam.

1. Neglect of the divine 10 commandments and Christian morality are removed by secular social laws for example same sex and pet marriages, legal to use Marijuana for social circles.

2. Islam apologetic’s against the Christian bible and Christian faith to uninformed Western Christian nationals who have not been properly catechized or lacked the upbringing of Christianity. Which promotes Islam’s converts.

Peace be with you

I don’t think the Illuminati is responsible for demonizing muslims. More likely it’s the actions of your violent brothers who are responsible for demonizing muslims.

Very true.

The claim is largely a myth. As someone mentioned, birth rate plays a large role.

A related thread:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=11983837#post11983837

It wasn’t that long ago that the Catholic Church had an iron grip on most of the known world. That doesn’t make it right but it’s not a novel approach.

Well, long long ago Islam was the dominant religion in northern Africa and Spain. Spain in particular had the capital of literature, poetry, philosophy and science, Cordoba. Out of Arab culture came many advances; during the middle ages in Spain, many Christians and Jews converted to Islam because the Arabs were doing so well.

The Arabic language was so suited to secular pursuits rather than only religious thoughts, which Latin and Hebrew were respectively used for. Christians wanted to be part of the flourishing intermingled culture, and those who spoke Arabic enthusiastically were called Mozarabs (early on that word was used by detractors of these Christians to mean “wanna-be Arabs”, but soon took on the same connotation “mestizo” does in Latin America).

Maybe Arabic/Muslim culture appeals to people because it’s of minority status in America and those who profess Islam are struggling. If I learned anything from high school it’s that everybody wants to be seen as the underdog.

There is freedom of conscience within Christianity, those who have disagreed in the past had no authority from Christian doctrine to do so.

Without scratching the paint or applying a tune up, would you care to elaborate what, when, where and how the Catholic Church “had an iron grip on most of the known world”??

I fail to see your comparison here with Islam trying to gain an iron grip on the world, as the fastest growing religion?

I second that.

I believe statistics have shown that in the american prison system Islam has grown rapidly.

Also it is pretty easy to convert to Islam. I believe you only have to recite a prayer. In catholicism and judsism and some denominations of christianity there are rights of passage - baptism, confirmation, bar mitzvah and bat mitzvah.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.