Islam or christianity which is true and why do you believe it is

The question does not apply to God, who is transcendent above His creation.

My goodness, I asked you to tell me the answer to the necessity of revelation.

I merely quoted Augustine and Thomas Aquinas on what the Catholic position is, as reiterated by Fr. Garrigou-Lagrange. So, you believe the Crucifixion is the answer as to why God allows so much suffering in the world? But then it may be asked, if God is omnipotent, and all good, shouldn’t He have prevented evil and suffering from the beginning?

Yeah, you definitely don’t know what you’re talking about. Even when I was an ex Muslim, I didn’t bring up Taqiyya against Muslims, because I knew what it actually was.

That depends on what you even know about Sufism. Besides, I already stated “I follow the Shaafi school of jurisprudence and Asha`ri school of theology, I have an interest in joining either the Naqshbandi or Qadiri Sufi orders.”

Do you actually read my posts?

God’s transcendence does not remove His immanence. It is in God that we breathe, move and have our being:

Acts 17:28 For ‘In him we live and move and have our being,’[a] as even some of your poets have said, ‘For we too are his offspring.’

Whereas, you believe that God can not enter His creation. Thus, you believe that God is finite.

My goodness, I asked you to tell me the answer to the necessity of revelation.

Then you’ll need to be more clear in your language. The necessity of revelation is proven by the fact that God had to become man in order to show men who to come to come to God.

I merely quoted Augustine and Thomas Aquinas on what the Catholic position is, as reiterated by Fr. Garrigou-Lagrange. So, you believe the Crucifixion is the answer as to why God allows so much suffering in the world? But then it may be asked, if God is omnipotent, and all good, shouldn’t He have prevented evil and suffering from the beginning?

No. God is all loving. But He doesn’t coerce our love. That is why He gave mankind free will. He gave His creatures all opportunity to choose to be good. It is some of His creatures who chose to become evil.

But, let’s compare to your religion. Or are you afraid to provide the Islamic answer?

Yeah, you definitely don’t know what you’re talking about. Even when I was an ex Muslim, I didn’t bring up Taqiyya against Muslims, because I knew what it actually was.

Lol! The reason you don’t bring up Taqiyya, is because you know that no one can trust any Muslim, because they believe in lying. Thus, your answers here are also suspect. Since you believe in lying.

That depends on what you even know about Sufism. …

No, it depends on whether or not you are a Sufi. My knowledge of Sufism has nothing to do with your involvement in it.

Do you actually read my posts?

Yes. But I expect answers to direct questions. I won’t be led down rabbit trails.

And, you will learn that you aren’t some sort of interrogator. Your beliefs will be tested just as much as you think you can test ours. As for this, right now we’re focusing on how you believe that your God can be outside of creation. Yet you claim that your God is also omnipresent.

Lol! I’m not reading all of that. You said you had written the Islamic answer to why good people suffer. Pull that out of your thesis and let’s see what it is. Or admit that you’re just posturing.

ROFL! Read it three times! That’s funny.:rofl:

Quran do not conflict with Jesus and Gospels. The problems arise from misinterpretations through which new doctrines formed. For intsance Gospels do not say Jesus died on cross or God incarnated. All these misinterpretations come from strained reading. Though Gospels are not direct revelation but life and words form Jesus(that could be revelation) were narrated so we can respect. But other parts were writen later especially by Paul who was enemy of Jesus and followers.

So if someone say that Quran and Bible(Jesus) conflict with each others so that is an injury. Jesus was true and Muhammad was true. Bu we people unfortunately are not true and good usually.

Oh, I don’t know, I suspect someone who DENIES that the Gospels clearly say that Jesus DIED on the cross must be doing his or her own straining and misinterpreting of the readings.

1 Peter 3:18
For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:20
But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.

Luke 23:46
Then Jesus, calling out with a loud voice, said, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit!” And having said this he breathed his last.

Luke 23:53
Then he took it [Jesus’ dead body] down and wrapped it in a linen shroud and laid him in a tomb cut in stone, where no one had ever yet been laid.

Mark 15:37
And Jesus uttered a loud cry and breathed his last.

John 19:30
When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, “It is finished,” and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

Mark 15:39
And when the centurion, who stood facing him, saw that in this way he breathed his last, he said, “Truly this man was the Son of God.

Matthew 27:50
And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice and yielded up his spirit.

Romans 5:10
"For if while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

1 Cor. 15:3
"For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures.

Phil. 2:8
"And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

These are just a sampling. There are dozens if not hundreds more references to Jesus’ death AND Resurrection, which I assume all imply he was incarnated in human flesh.

One need not strain to read about Jesus’ death, that conclusion is implicit in all of the Gospels. It literally jumps out at you from the pages and grabs you by the collar. No straining necessary. The very heart of the message of the “Good News” (the Gospel) is grounded in that fact.

The Quran confirms the Bible indeed and backs it up in multiple verses. I do believe that Mohamed did get revelations but I also believe he started making up stuff along the way to suit him and maybe the Quran was reveleaed to him by another force which is not God to mislead all while even that force couldn’t hide the truth because the Quran puts Mary and Jesus on a higher pedestal that Mohamed. God made them both born without sin . I am ex Muslim who is now becoming catholic. I believe God led my readings and gave me the will to seek the truth. God has allowed clues in the Quran to lead people back to him for those who would pay attention. Mohamed died the same way he said God would punish him of he was a false prophet. My lord Jesus is alive. If we all agree on that I rest mundo case on which one is true. In the Quran God calls Jesus “ the word of God” and “ Spirit of God” and also Christ. You tell me who should I follow? Btw the best explanation of the Trinity I found comes from the Quran. I converted to Christianity after reading the Quran. Aleluya!!

Jesus has a place in the Koran, but only because he knows his place. His role is to remove the main obstacle to Muhammad’s claim of prophethood. Who better than Jesus to renounce Jesus’ claim to Sonship and thereby clear the way for Muhammad to be the seal of the prophets?

But, in stripping Jesus of his divinity, Muhammad also managed to strip him of his humanity. The Jesus of the Koran is simply not an interesting person. Indeed he hardly qualifies as a person. He seems more like a disembodied voice.

When Christians hear that Jesus is in the Koran, they assume that he must be someone like the Jesus of the Gospels. Thus they can reassure themselves that although Muslims don’t accept Christ’s divinity, they will at least become familiar with his life. Anyone who bothers to read the Koran, however, will be quickly disabused of that notion. There is no life of Jesus in the Koran. There is no slightly altered version of the gospel story. Indeed, there is no story at all—just a few brief appearances in order to make the point that Jesus is only a man, not the Son of God.

This abbreviated treatment of Jesus in the Koran is matched by a diminished view of the human person. In Islam, man is little more than a slave of Allah. He can achieve paradise, but paradise is essentially a heavenly harem. According to the Christian vision, man’s destiny is union with God. According to the Islamic vision, man’s destiny is to copulate.

In rejecting the Christian doctrine of the Incarnation, Muhammad also rejected the Christian vision of a redeemed humanity. The fact of the Incarnation raised the status of man immeasurably—“no longer a slave but a son, and if a son then an heir” (Gal. 4:7). That’s why Christmas carols are so full of joy. As one hymn reminds us, the night of our Savior’s birth becomes the moment at which “the soul felt its worth.” Thanks to Muhammad’s dismal vision, however, all this is missing in Islam—no “joy to the world,” no “hark the herald angels sing,” no “ding-dong merrily on high.”

The divinity of Jesus is denied by Islam.

Also it is not supported by Gospels.

So, in your mind, Jesus is not Divine … and in your mind, there nothing in the Gospels … the New Testament … that explains that Jesus is God the Son of God. Really???

what does these versus mean to you. what is Thomas saying?

John 20:
…27Then Jesus said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and look at My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe.” 28**Thomas replied, “My Lord and my God!”** 29Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen, and yet have believed.”…

Thomas was surprised to see Jesus alive. So he spoke in that way. Well Thomas did not say “you are Lord or you are God”. And Thomas was not a prophet to be revealed about that. Jesus would declare that many times. But all times Jesus point Father as God.

Claiming divinity of Jesus by that verse is so invalid. If Jesus were an incarnated God(Indeed God do not incarnate) so that issue would be expressed very clearly in revelation. Otherwise the strained interpretations faked by people could not supersede revelation.

Question: “What did Jesus mean when He said, ‘I and the Father are one’ (John 10:30)?”

Answer: In John 10 Jesus presents Himself as the Good Shepherd and, in a debate with the Jewish leaders, makes the claim, “I and the Father are one” (John 10:30). It was a bold statement—one His audience found quite audacious—and it reveals much about who Jesus is.

Five key observations can be made concerning this passage. First, Jesus claimed to be one with God in the sense of being equal to Him. Jesus did not claim to be merely a messenger or prophet of God, but of equal power with God.

Second, His audience understood that Jesus was claiming equality with God the Father. In verse 31, “The Jews picked up stones again to stone him.” Why? Blasphemy was a crime punishable by death according to the Jewish Law. When Jesus asked why they were planning to kill Him, they answered, “For blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God” (John 10:33). If Jesus had been lying or deceived, His statement would have been blasphemous. In fact, the only way His words were not blasphemy is if Jesus was telling the truth about His equality with God.

Third, Jesus referred to Himself as God’s Son and to God as His Father (John 10:36–37). He used Psalm 82:6 to show that the Messiah has the right to claim the title “Son of God.”

Fourth, Jesus claimed that that Father sent Him: “the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world” (John 10:36). In this statement, Jesus claimed preexistence in the Father’s presence. No biblical prophet had ever made such a claim before; yet Jesus claimed to exist before Abraham (John 8:58).

Fifth, Jesus only stated that the Jews did not believe Him; He never said they misunderstood His claim to be God. John 10:38 notes, “Even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” Jesus was not correcting a misunderstanding. They understood what He said perfectly. He was correcting their willful rejection of Him.

Colossians 1:16–17 affirms Jesus’ same teaching: “In him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.” John 1:1 explicitly notes that Jesus was both with God in the beginning and was God.

In summary, Jesus claimed to be one with the Father as part of a larger argument to note that He had existed from eternity past, lived in perfect oneness with the Father, held the same power as God, and was sent by God the Father’s authority. Unfortunately, He was rejected as divine by the Jewish leaders. Jesus’ claim to have equal power as the Father was not blasphemy. It was the plain truth.

Recommended Resource: Jesus: The Greatest Life of All by Charles Swindoll