Islam or christianity which is true and why do you believe it is

No he didn’t, he prayed that God’s will be done.

You also learn from the Qur’an that Jesus was a prophet.

This is what he prophesied…

"…they will kill him; and when he is killed, after three days he will rise.”

So either he was a true prophet and he was killed, or God saved him and he was no prophet at all.

One way or the other, the Qur’an is wrong.

First of all God do not die.

Thomas was so surprised to see Jesus alive. Jesus to make him sure said “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.” If Thomas had thought or known that Jesus was God so Thomas would not be so surprised to see Jesus alive. That is so easy to do for a god! And also Jesus had rised dead from death before as a miracle. So before that why did not they thought that Jesus was God? Jesus did not say "I rise from dead but instead Just say He was. If Jesus had said such thing “I rised from death” so all Gospels would write that but non did.

Jesus said “my God” I think God cannot be god of self.

Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’” John 20:17

Yes Jesus was a prophet. Jesus said that in Bible:

4 But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house. Mark 6

Also Muhammad was rejected and tortured by His own people.

That point that Quran is very true.

Jesus always said that Father gave Him everything. So Jesus was prophesied by God and Jesus knew that. But pray of a prophet is very likely to be accepted. Jesus prayed and Father accepted.

He told the disciples he WOULD BE killed and rise from the dead after three days. That was a prophecy.

If he was going to pray to God and be spared he wouldn’t have prophesied categorically that he would be killed and rise from the dead. He would have prophesied that he would be arrested, they would try to kill him, but God would save him. That would be what a true prophet would have predicted if the Qur’an is authoritative.

The Qur’an is still wrong one way or the other because Jesus prophesied that he would be killed and rise after three days, but the Qur’an says he was wrong when he predicted that. So either the Qur’an is wrong and Jesus wasn’t a true prophet or the Qur’an is wrong about God saving Jesus from death. Pick your poison!

The Gospels get it right. Jesus was a prophet, he correctly prophesied his death and resurrection. He was killed by crucifixion and rose again from the dead after three days. Virtually all Biblical historians agree to the fact that Jesus died of crucifixion.

Brother, with all due respect, but you should stop, because you are the one straining their scriptures, Gospels which aren’t even certain to be the Gospel mentioned in the Qur’an. By grossly misinterpreting their book, you will not convince them of anything, rather they will question your integrity and intellectual honesty. Perhaps you should stop listening to intellectually dishonest people like Zakir Naik or whoever it is that gave you these ideas. You also keep jumping back and forth between arguing what the text says and arguing theologically, try to stick to one, because otherwise your argument will come across as inconsistent and incoherent. Jazak Allahu Khayran.

Exactly, and I’d add:

Those responsible for the creation of Islam (aka, those who practiced it in its original form) massacred hundred thousands if not millions of Christians/Jews throughout the middle-east and Europe before they were stopped by the Crusades. “Anti-Christian” is too modest to describe what Islam really is.

In a way, peaceful muslims are to Islam what protestants are to us Catholics:
They apparently became open and moderate, and it’s a good thing in this case…
But if peaceful muslims want to live the way they do, they should simply become Christians.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.