Islam projected to grow fastest

Islam projected to grow faster than any other religion between 2010 to 2050. Mainly due to higher fertility rates according to the research. I would posit that differing attitudes to feminism and an acceptance of traditional roles in the family are major causal factors driving this rate difference:
pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/

This is why a policy of bombing Muslims in the mideast is going to create hostilities and will eventually be counterproductive. The USA has to develop a better foreign policy to deal with the grievances that many Muslims have against the USA.

According to a Pew Research Center survey from this year, between 2007 and 2014, Muslims grew as a percentage of the US population by 0.5% whereas Catholics declined by 3.1%. Evangelicals declined, too, but by only 0.9%. Mainline Protestant churches declined by 3.4%.

pewforum.org/2015/05/12/americas-changing-religious-landscape/

I was at a lecture at American Academy of Religion and the speaker agreed. North America stats only - Muslims and Mormons are the fastest growing religions. There were questions about Mormons tho and their criteria for census.

And we all know full well that the ‘Nones’ are overtaking us all. I am especially keen to read Diana Butler Bass’s new book on this topic. It’s called ‘Grounded: Finding God in the World…’

amazon.com/Grounded-Finding-World–Spiritual-Revolution/dp/0062328549/ref=sr_1_12?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1437103287&sr=1-12&keywords=grounded

I’m reading a book right now called City of God: Faith in the Streets by Sara Miles from St. Gregory of Nyssa Episcopal Church in San Francisco which is in your neck of the woods. The Amazon blurb says:

On Ash Wednesday, 2012, Sara Miles and her friends left their church buildings and carried ashes to the buzzing city streets: the crowded dollar stores, beauty shops, hospital waiting rooms, street corners and fast-food joints of her neighborhood. They marked the foreheads of neighbors and strangers, sharing blessings with waitresses and drunks, believers and doubters alike.

CITY OF GOD narrates the events of the day in vivid detail, exploring the profound implications of touching strangers with a reminder of common mortality. As the story unfolds, Sara Miles also reflects on life in her city over the last two decades, where the people of God suffer and rejoice, building community amid the grit and beauty of this urban landscape.

CITY OF GOD is a beautifully written personal narrative, rich in complex, real-life characters, and full of the “wild, funny, joyful, raucous, reverent” moments of struggle and faith that have made Miles one of the most enthralling Christian writers of our time.

amazon.com/City-God-Streets-Sara-Miles/dp/1455547301/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437104867&sr=8-1&keywords=city+of+god+miles

Funny, I thought American foreign policy in the last 6 years is withdraw, withdraw, give Middle Eastern regimes the best deal possible in negotiations and barely fight ISIS.

Doesn’t sound like an aggressive campaign to me at all.

But the “nones” won’t last because too many of them follow the secularist culture of death. There’s evidence that they are already starting to peak.

Mormons, other conservative Christians and certainly Islam will be overshadowing them sooner rather later.

Especially the later because of Western political correctness.

Besides, having a majority doesn’t necessarily mean one’s way of thinking or belief is top dog.

I don’t think that it is western political correctness that is causing Muslims to have large families while Americans and Europeans have smaller families.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.