Islam: what Catholics should know (article)

Hi,

This is one of the best articles I’ve seen written about Islam from a Catholic perspective:

Islam: what Catholics should know

AWESOME ARTICLE…I sure hope that more people read it! Thank you for bringing it our attention! :clapping:

[quote=coral]Hi,

This is one of the best articles I’ve seen written about Islam from a Catholic perspective:

Islam: what Catholics should know
[/quote]

Talk about a whitewashing job! Pure political correctness!:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=Booklover]Talk about a whitewashing job! Pure political correctness!:stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

Man oh man here we go again:banghead: …just more bashing! Whatever happened to “love thy neighbor” or is it a pick and choose thing on which neighbor you should or want to love??
Leviticus 19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people**, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.**

[quote=Karin]Man oh man here we go again:banghead: …just more bashing! Whatever happened to “love thy neighbor” or is it a pick and choose thing on which neighbor you should or want to love??
Leviticus 19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people**, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.**
[/quote]

I was talking of Islam, not Muslims! That article is pure propaganda. It implies that Mohammed’s revelations were real, and there is not a shred of proof of that. The benevolent depiction of Mohammed is a far cry from the historical one of the vicious warrior and conqueror!:frowning:

Catholics already knew that Mohammed was a false prophet. Which is mentioned in Luke 16:16 "The Law of Moses and the writings of the prophets were in effect up to the time of John the Baptist.
According to this Bible words Mohammed was a false prophet and we don`t need to know his false Religion also.

In Christ,
selvaraj

It’s nice to love thy neighbor and believe that Islam is a peaceful religion. However the truth is there in the historical record for all to see from the beginning of the muslim religion to the present. The main premise of Islam is to convert all mankind to Islam by peaceful means or by war what ever gives the end result… all non muslims to become muslims or Dhimmi.

check it out.

www.dhimmitude.org/index.php

D

[quote=donc]It’s nice to love thy neighbor and believe that Islam is a peaceful religion.
[/quote]

So basically to heck with what the bible says…(but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. ) ?!?!
Shouldn’t the attitude of people be…???
**“It is important for us to distinguish our attitude toward non-Christian religions from our attitude toward followers of those religions. Though we are to reject the religion, we are not to reject them by mistakenly perceiving them to be “the enemy.” The biblical injunction is to love our neighbors as much as we love ourselves no matter what their religion. Rather than viewing them as “the enemy,” we should see them as “the victims” of the enemy who are in need of the same grace that has freed us from spiritual slavery–in need of the gospel of Jesus Christ.” **leaderu.com/orgs/probe/docs/non-xrel.html

[quote=Karin]So basically to heck with what the bible says…(but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. ) ?!?!
Shouldn’t the attitude of people be…???
**“It is important for us to distinguish our attitude toward non-Christian religions from our attitude toward followers of those religions. Though we are to reject the religion, we are not to reject them by mistakenly perceiving them to be “the enemy.” The biblical injunction is to love our neighbors as much as we love ourselves no matter what their religion. **Rather than viewing them as “the enemy,” we should see them as “the victims” of the enemy who are in need of the same grace that has freed us from spiritual slavery–in need of the gospel of Jesus Christ.” leaderu.com/orgs/probe/docs/non-xrel.html
[/quote]

Karin! I know that I for one get very, very frustrated with them! Many people on this site have tried very patiently to explain our beliefs about Jesus to them and they simply will not accept anything we say, and it’s not because people haven’t tried to enlighten them! They simply won’t believe!:frowning:

[quote=Booklover] Many people on this site have tried very patiently to explain our beliefs about Jesus to them and they simply will not accept anything we say, and it’s not because people haven’t tried to enlighten them! They simply won’t believe!:frowning:
[/quote]

OK …so that is why people “bash” them then?? Is it not their right not to believe or believe what they want, along with everyone elses?? You guys dont “bash” the jews for not believing that Jesus is the son of God …why is that?

Islam: what Catholics should know.

Double stand of false prophet.

Bukhari:V9B86N98 “The Prophet said, ‘A virgin should not be married till she is asked for her consent.’ ‘O Apostle! How will the virgin express her consent?’ He said, ‘By remaining silent.’”

Tabari VII:7 “The Prophet married Aisha in Mecca three years before the Hijrah, after the death of Khadija. At the time she was six.”

Tabari IX:128 “When the Prophet married Aisha, she was very young and not yet ready for consummation.”

In Christ,
selvaraj

Karin, you seem to misunderstand the ‘love thy neighbour bit’.

It does not mean that we should begin to believe that Islam is a true faith and we should turn a blind eye to all the evil that is being done in the name of Islam.

We can love muslims but that does not mean we have to love Islam.

A similar example might be :

Catholics belive that Homosexuality is a sin.

Does that mean we have to hate gay people ? No. We pray for that that they recognise the error of their ways.

Does that mean we embrace homosexuality ?

No.

[quote=Booklover]Karin! I know that I for one get very, very frustrated with them! Many people on this site have tried very patiently to explain our beliefs about Jesus to them and they simply will not accept anything we say, and it’s not because people haven’t tried to enlighten them! They simply won’t believe!:frowning:
[/quote]

When your Bible can tell me on what day exactly…the day of Passover, or the day before Passover Jesus (PBUH) was crucified…I promise to convert to Christianity on the spot…I swear it to God!

Loving your neighbor is not turning a blind eye to sin, murder, and hedonism. I prayer for my enemies my as a solider I know we are totally committed to destroying them.

[quote=un_dhimmi]Karin, you seem to misunderstand the ‘love thy neighbour bit’. Nope!

It does not mean that we should begin to believe that Islam is a true faith and we should turn a blind eye to all the evil that is being done in the name of Islam.** I never said you should…I said you should respect the person…nothing about respecting the religion**

We can love muslims but that does not mean we have to love Islam. CORRECT!

A similar example might be :

Catholics belive that Homosexuality is a sin.

Does that mean we have to hate gay people ? No. We pray for that that they recognise the error of their ways.

Does that mean we embrace homosexuality ?

No.
[/quote]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.