Islam

Since my last posting on Islam, I’ve read and re-read, and studied most of the surahs in the Koran and I reiterate: “Islam IS a political philosophy disguised as a religion”. For proof I give you the recent news reports of Muslim activities in the eastern countries.

[quote=theors]Since my last posting on Islam, I’ve read and re-read, and studied most of the surahs in the Koran and I reiterate: “Islam IS a political philosophy disguised as a religion”. For proof I give you the recent news reports of Muslim activities in the eastern countries.
[/quote]

Islam was created for Arabs and Qura`n is copied from Bible with some changes. Because there is no importance to Arabs in the Bible.

In Christ,
selvaraj

That doesn’t eplain how Mariam entered the temple when she was younger… which is surprisingly absent from the canon of the bible, yet present in the Qur’an…

Is it really copied? :confused:

When I was younger and searching, I read a copy of the Koran-translation of course. I was put off by a certain verse that ran( I am paraphrasing) If a man’s wife isn’t obediant, he can first admonish her, then sleep apart and finally beat her! The whole Koran itself was not bad, just that one verse but being a female it disturbed me enough not to look into conversion.

[quote=deb1]When I was younger and searching, I read a copy of the Koran-translation of course. I was put off by a certain verse that ran( I am paraphrasing) If a man’s wife isn’t obediant, he can first admonish her, then sleep apart and finally beat her! The whole Koran itself was not bad, just that one verse but being a female it disturbed me enough not to look into conversion.
[/quote]

This is one of them, other is the forbidding for being friends of jews and christians, and many refusing the divinity of Jesus, his crucifixion, his resurrection, the Trinity and other things, It´s sad.

This is totally wrong. The whole concept of politics vs religion and their seperatness that the West and Christians now embrace.

Islam is a way of life, a social order a “political” order if you will.

Education of children is a case in point. For Muslims the Truth is the truth. Public education, as we have in the West, is unacceptable to the extent it does not present the truth. The Truth as Muslims see it takes precedence over the state.

Its a powerful message. its why Islam is the fastest groing religion in the world and is winning mny convertys now in Europe - especially Spain and England.

It’s a way of life all right. That’s why it’s dangerous for a Catholic to attend Mass even in a private home in Saudi Arabia.

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=56142

As for education, the Islamic schools do a good job of teaching hatred for the West, but can that truly be called education?

I don’t know much about Islam. Always thought the people came from, and I’m sorry for any misspelling and misconceptions, Hagar and Ishmiel. It’s where I thought their idea that all men and especially women are created slaves and put on earth mainly to serve God. I believe they consider Abraham their father, like the Jews and there is a relic in Mecca, from Abraham, and that is why it is considered holy?

My daughter learned about Mohamad in school. It seemed he was a very religous man, intent on honoring God, and his intentions seemed honorable. When he had revalation of God, he wanted their people to join religion with the Jews but the Jews refused them and they became at odds.

It seems unfortunate that many are willing to die for hate of others, instead of live for love of God.

Thank you for anyone who can correct me on any ideas I’ve stated here that are incorrect.

Peace,
Elizabeth

We Catholic believe the Bible. As per Luke 16:16 John the Babtist was the last Prophet. According to this words Mohammed was not a Prophet.(He was born approximately 600 years after Jesus)

Khadija(first wife) to Aayesha(last wife) he married 30 women. This is absolutely aganist what Jesus taught us.

In Christ,
selvaraj

[quote=elizabeth4truth]I don’t know much about Islam. Always thought the people came from, and I’m sorry for any misspelling and misconceptions, Hagar and Ishmiel. It’s where I thought their idea that all men and especially women are created slaves and put on earth mainly to serve God. I believe they consider Abraham their father, like the Jews and there is a relic in Mecca, from Abraham, and that is why it is considered holy?

My daughter learned about Mohamad in school. It seemed he was a very religous man, intent on honoring God, and his intentions seemed honorable. When he had revalation of God, he wanted their people to join religion with the Jews but the Jews refused them and they became at odds.

It seems unfortunate that many are willing to die for hate of others, instead of live for love of God.

Thank you for anyone who can correct me on any ideas I’ve stated here that are incorrect.

Peace,
Elizabeth
[/quote]

Here’s an interesting take on Islam.
catholic.com/thisrock/2003/0305clas.asp

My favorite part of Islam is the eschatology. Apparently Jews will hide behind trees and rocks to escape muslims looking to slaughter them. But the trees and rocks will ACTUALLY TALK and say something to the effect of “Oh muslim, there is a jew hiding behind me. Come and smite him!”

[font=Verdana]I also like how Mohammad had a 6 year old wife that he consummated the relationship when she was 9.

Also a big fan of the concept of 72 virgins for strapping explosives to yourself to kill civilians. Although I wonder if they realize that this must be hell, since then you get 72 mother in laws hahaha. Also, for all those pregnant women that Hamas has used in “Palestine” as suicide bombers, do those women also get 72 virgins? Would they actually want 72 guys who don’t know what they’re doing?

Sorry, I get silly when talking about a religion that stole the works-based aspects of Judaism and a few Gnostic gospels and called it a new religion. :)[/font]

Then there is Wahhabism, which is even more extreme, as indicated in this recent “Opinion Journal” article by Ali Al Ahmed. An excerpt:
As a Muslim, I am able to purchase copies of the Quran in any bookstore in any American city, and study its contents in countless American universities. American museums spend millions to exhibit and celebrate Muslim arts and heritage. On the other hand, my Christian and other non-Muslim brothers and sisters in Saudi Arabia–where I come from–are not even allowed to own a copy of their holy books. Indeed, the Saudi government desecrates and burns Bibles that its security forces confiscate at immigration points into the kingdom or during raids on Christian expatriates worshiping privately.

. . . The Bible in Saudi Arabia may get a person killed, arrested, or deported. In September 1993, Sadeq Mallallah, 23, was beheaded in Qateef on a charge of apostasy for owning a Bible. The State Department’s annual human rights reports detail the arrest and deportation of many Christian worshipers every year. Just days before Crown Prince Abdullah met President Bush last month, two Christian gatherings were stormed in Riyadh. Bibles and crosses were confiscated, and will be incinerated.

This is a selfish motivation for murder anyway…

As I’ve said before, Islam is a big scam, devised by the evil one to lead astray souls from Christ and to sow misery in the world.

May His peace find them…

Its evil.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.