Islamic Dialogue - Koranic Teachings

Grace and Peace,

I would like to talk to any Muslims here concerning the Islamic Moral Teachings concerning Homosexuality and other sexual view or acts that are considered Haram.

Salaam!

Assalaamu 'aleikum!

What do you wish to know?

this should be interesting:popcorn:

I personally love to see a person who is open to coming to the beauty and truth of Qur’an.

Your response to my previous stated points.

I’m still doing some reading and research, but I’ll get back to you. :slight_smile:

I am reading the Koran simply to be knowledgeable. I find it interesting. I had no idea that Muslims believed in the existence of Adam, Noah, Moses, Elijah and Jesus. They do not accept Jesus as Son of God…that is where it loses me. But the book itself is not bad. Over and over and over it states we must follow God and God will judge. Christians are called “Believers of the Book”.

Anyway, it is interesting

Just a refresher course from your sig line:
“He that sees another in error and endeavors not to correct it, testifies himself to be in error.”
Pope Leo I

If you think those are fun, wait till you get to the verses that haven’t been abrogated. :thumbsup:

The process of abrogation is not quite as simple as what you would believe. It is not simply a case of replacing an earlier verse with a later one as too many people believe. If it were then there would be no need for the thousands of hours of discussion by scholars.

What does that mean, exactly?

Wasalaam muslima,

I was interested in knowing what specifically al Quran saids about sexual immorality.

Thanks for sharing your faith.

Salaam.

Finally, perhaps we can have respectful dialogue. Many of our moral teachings are alike.
It would be nice to learn about each other’s faith without all of the judging.:slight_smile:

I guess to get the discussion started I cracked open “An Exhaustive Concordance of the meaning of Quran” and looked up the story of Lut and his family (Sodom and Gomorrah).

1. We also (sent) Lut: He said to his people: "Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you?

2. “For ye practise your lusts on men in preference to women : ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds.”

3. And his people gave no answer but this: they said, “Drive them out of your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!”

4. But we saved him and his family, except his wife: she was of those who legged behind.

5. And we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): Then see what was the end of those who indulged in sin and crime!

Are there any passages which also mention ‘women lusting for women’ or does it focus only on men?

In another location I found this further passage:

1. "Of all the creatures in the world, will ye approach males,

2. “And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay, ye are a people transgressing (all limits)!”

3. They said: “If thou desist not, O Lut! thou wilt assuredly be cast out!”

4. He said: “I do detest your doings.”

5. “O my Lord! deliver me and my family from such things as they do!”

6. So We delivered him and his family,- all

7. Except an old woman who lingered behind.

8. But the rest We destroyed utterly.

9. We rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): and evil was the shower on those who were admonished (but heeded not)!

Throw away your Bible -

Throw away your belief in Our Lord Jesus Christ, Our Lord

• and then you can read their entire koran where it

• denies Christ, our Lord,

• denies the Crucifixion

• denies the Resurrection

• denies the Son of God

The story of Lot in the koran is all wrong according to the Biblical passages.

The muslims & islam and their koran do not agree with our Biblical books.

Since you quoted the koran passages, can you find the same in the OT Bible…??

They haven’t been around for a while…

Maybe Hamba will appear once in a while

Meedo, will show up very little

Sister Amy has been gone for about 1 year.

Muslim woman who are around for quite some time is also gone for about 2 years.

Haven’t seen Paars or Planten in here for over 1 year

And there was a Shia on here, Famdigy who left a long time ago.

Grace and Peace,

Honestly, I’m keenly interested to the OP of this thread, that being the ‘moral’ teachings within Islam. I’m sure others in other threads can sharpen their knives. I’m only interested in understanding their moral teachings on this specific issue.

Skipping the OT I’m more keen on focusing on St. Paul’s Epistle to the Romans:

1:24 Therefore God gave them over48 in the desires of their hearts to impurity, to dishonor49 their bodies among themselves.50 1:25 They51 exchanged the truth of God for a lie52 and worshiped and served the creation53 rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.
1:26 For this reason God gave them over to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged the natural sexual relations for unnatural ones,54 1:27 and likewise the men also abandoned natural relations with women55 and were inflamed in their passions56 for one another. Men57 committed shameless acts with men and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

1:28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God,58 God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done.59

Thanks and Peace.

Sodomy or improper sex in is prohibited on earth:

(Quran 2:222):
“SHAKIR: And they ask you about menstruation. Say: It is a discomfort; therefore keep aloof from the women during the menstrual discharge and do not go near them until they have become clean; then when they have cleansed themselves, go in to them as Allah has commanded you; surely Allah loves those who turn much (to Him), and He loves those who purify themselves.”

(Qutan 21:74):
“SHAKIR: And (as for) Lut, We gave him wisdom and knowledge, and We delivered him from the town which wrought abominations; surely they were an evil people, transgressors”

(Quran 7:81):
*“SHAKIR: Most surely you come to males in lust besides females; nay you are an extravagant people.”

That was from Quran only, but if you go to the second source of Islam (Hadiths) then that is a completely different story (on earth and in Paradise) :dts:…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.