Islamic leader: how can US Christians explain support for same-sex marriage?

The leader of Egypt’s Al Azhar University has asked how Christian leaders who accept same-sex marriage will explain that position to Jesus Christ.

Speaking in Indonesia, where he is visiting, Sheikh Ahmed al Tayyab, the grand imam of Al Azhar-- the world’s leading institution of Sunni Islam-- criticized American religious leaders who have given their support to international campaigns to promote acceptance of same-sex unions. He remarked: “I wonder what is left of the Bible in those churches. And what will they say in front of Jesus, peace be upon Him?”

The Egyptian cleric criticized American religious leaders who have given their support to international campaigns to promote acceptance of same-sex unions.

catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=27593

Did this guy just discover that people sin? Maybe he feels that he and his never do.

I think his issue is why do we condone sin by supporting homosexual relationships into marriage. It’s a grave sin according to the Bible and he has a point.

Mary.

This is a major reason terrorists want to attack America and the west, or use it as an excuse to. Even though Muslims have gays in their midst and they have a lot of sexual crimes in Muslim countries.

as soon as he explains why women are treated as second class citizens in Islamic culture, not being allowed many rights (look at Saudi Arabia!)

I don’t need to explain anything to Jesus. I think he misunderstands what the relationship looks like. Jesus already knows every one of my positions. I’ve even prayed about it. I’m comfortable with my opinion on same sex marriage.

The imam makes a valid observation. If Christians who purport to follow Christ’s teachings support also support same-sex marriage, what shall they say to their Creator?

That they were ignorant of His teachings?
That they chose to ignore His teachings?
That they were too afraid of the world to obey His teachings?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I win.:wink:

When has that been a worry,when it makes money

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I suppose it’s because for the most part, Christianity in America is nominal and/or cultural.

When I say to the wicked, ‘You wicked person, you will surely die,’ and you do not speak out to dissuade them from their ways, that wicked person will die for their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood.

:thumbsup:

and there we have it…

There is no same sex marriage. Marriage is between a man and woman - only!

Good point. Maybe someone will ask those on the left about their support for same-sex “marriage”, and how it is used as a recruitment tool. Conservatives get attacked all the time that our positions create recruitment tools for terrorists, well let’s have some intellectual honesty and consistency and have the left answer.

Perhaps it would be good to re-read the parable of the talents. Each of us will be called before the master to give an account.

Heh, thanks for the kudos. :slight_smile:

The old tried and true, “you too” defense.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.