Islamic militants BLOW UP the prophet Jonah's tomb

Religion of peace?

cnn.com/2014/07/24/world/iraq-violence/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

The irony is that Jonah’s tomb was located in a Sunni mosque.

This is not the first desecration of Jonah’s tomb. From earlier this month: MAJOR NEWS Muslims Destroy The Tomb Of The Prophet Jonah, The Prophet Seth, And Burn Down 11 Churches

Related video: Iraqi Christians Expelled from Mosul by ISIL Share their Stories

I thought ISIS had destroyed the tomb a couple weeks ago, but I guess they simply took sledgehammers to it.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2685923/Shocking-moment-ISIS-militants-sledgehammers-Mosul-tomb-Prophet-Jonah-50-blindfolded-bodies-massacred-south-Baghdad.html

I guess, since they have already blown up more than a dozen shrines and mosques, they had better finish the job on Jonah.

This is terrible when I found out about this I was very saddened. Something needs to be done about this situation. I will continue to pray for Iraqi Christians.

How long before they reach the Vatican?

Despite the increasingly atheistic tendencies of Europe, I still have hope those countries would not hesitate to use force to stop these poor, deluded people from wreaking havoc on European soil.

Uhhhh-these guys don’t represent all Muslims.

By the way, the Islamic State has been openly and publicly condemned by Muslims all over the world.

I can agree that there are a lot of good Muslims out there but I have been watching a You Tube video that proves that Islam is not a religion of peace. here is the link youtube.com/watch?v=5YsdbhIbZoc

Yeah, but ISIS teaches that they are the true heirs of Mohammad. They teach that there is only one right of religion and it’s their kind of Islam. They will murder anyone (Jews, Christians, and Muslims) who don’t agree with them.

It would but kind of like basing all of Christianity on a militant version of the Westboro Baptist Church.

Shortly before they become guests in the Italian prison system.

I can agree I have just been watching this video on You tube that has some evidence that they are not a religion of peace and it has a lot of proof.

Youtube videos aren’t exactly a good resource for any serious consideration of data in the pursuance of truth.

There are some Americans who want to make nice-nice to these vandels . . . :confused: :shrug:

Didn’t Islam have the same prophets? These people are mad, insane. What nation, even a Muslim nation would have anything to do with these savages? They will be a shunned race, no one will buy or sell with them, no one will have any thing to do with them.

We owe all this to the current U.S. administration and their meddling in Egypt, Lybia, and Syria and their support of terrorists in Gaza.

Linus2nd

ISIS is the largest threat in the world right now. Throughout history, every time a Muslim group claims to be the heirs to Muhammad, bloodshed occurs. Now, we have modern weaponry and transportation… bloodshed could be equivalent to the Nazis.

Heavenly Father, we pray for peace in the Middle East, now more than ever. Holy Spirit, please help guide the peoples of the world to cooperate with Your Will. We pray, in the Name of Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

If Muslims are so peaceful, then why is EVERYONE afraid of offending them? By the same token, if Christians are so dangerous (as many people will claim) why is NO ONE afraid of offending us?

I guess the good news is that even if they destroyed the buildings we would still have a Church. It would be heart wrenching to see the buildings destroyed but we can’t put our faith in the buildings. The Vatican didn’t have gates until 1942, when satan was literally on the doorstep of the Vatican. I can see why Pope Francis consecrated it to
St. Michael.

Punisherthunder wrote "SAINT MICHAEL protect us. It is curious that the Catholic faith doesn’t realize that Michael the archangel is just another name used by Jesus.

Michael in Hebrew means one who is like God.
Arch means chief and angel is translated from the Greek Greek word angelos which means messenger. So the name means the chief messenger who is like God.

EXODUS 3 : 2-5 “There the ANGEL OF THE LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. So Moses thought, ‘I will go over and see this strange sight-- why the bush does not burn up.’ When the Lord saw that hr had gone over to look, GOD called to him from within the bush, ‘Moses! Moses!’ Do not come any closer,’ GOD said. 'Take off your sandals, FOR THE PLACE WHERE YOU ARE STANDING IS HOLY GROUND.”

This verse refers to the one in the bush as an angel (messenger) and God.

REVELATION 12 : 7 “There was war in heaven. Michael and his angels (messengers) fought back.”

The word war was translated from a Greek word that meant a verbal conflict. Lucifer made accusations against God’s character.

REVELATION 19 : 11-14 “there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True…He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him”

The rider on the white horse is called the Word of God, the name John used for Jesus. In the scene Jesus is leading the armies of heaven.

JOSHUA 5 : 13-15 “Now when Joshua was near Jericho, he looked up and saw a man standing in front of him with a drawn sword in his hand. Joshua went up to him and asked, 'Are you for us or for our enemies?” Neither.’ he replied, ‘but as COMMANDER of the ARMY OF THE LORD I have now come.’ Then Joshua fell facedown to the ground in reverence, and asked him, ‘What MESSAGE does my Lord have for his servant?’ The COMMANDER OF THE LORD’S ARMY replied, ‘TAKE OFF YOUR SANDALS, FOR THE PLACE WHERE YOU ARE STANDING IS HOLY.’"

As you can see he gave Joshua the same command as God had given Moses at the bush that the ground Joshua was standing on was holy because he was in the presence of God. And he again said he was the commander of the Lord’s army. Let me show you Scripture that shows that not all who are called angels are worshiped.

REVELATION 22 : 8&9 “I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. But he said to me, 'Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers the prophets”

God had the Jews write in synonymous parallels to help know what words meant. By repeating the thought using different words it helped to understand the meaning God wanted.

ZECHARIAH 12 : 8 “David will be like God, like the Angel of the Lord”

HOSEA 12 : 3&4 “as a man he struggled with God. He struggled with the angel and overcame him”

Here is another verse that identifies Michael as the Son of God. In Hebrew a plural form of a word without a number in front automatically means two.

DANIEL 10 : 13 “Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me”

It is the Father’s kingdom and he is the King. The two princes would be the Son and Holy Spirit.

In the war referred to in Revelation, Jesus came as the chief messenger to refute the false accusations made by Lucifer about the Father’s character.

COLOSSIANS 1 : 19&20 “For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or THINGS IN HEAVEN, BY MAKING PEACE through his blood, shed on the cross”

Jesus made peace where there had been war. Jesus showed a God of love destroying Lucifer’s false allegations.

1 JOHN 3 : 8 “The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.”

1 JOHN 5 : 20 “We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true”

COLOSSIANS 2 : 15 “And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross”

JOHN 18 : 37 “In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth.”

He was the chief messenger.

JOHN 5 : 35&36 “John was a lamp that burned and gave light, and you chose for a time to enjoy his light. I have testimony weightier than that of John.”

MATTHEW 12 : 41 “for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and now one greater than Jonah is here”

MATTHEW 12 : 42 “for she came from the ends of the earth to listen to Solomon’s wisdom, and now one greater than Solomon is here”

HEBREWS 1 : 1&2 “In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets (messengers or angels-they would be angels because it simply means a messenger) at many times and in various ways, but in these last days HE HAS SPOKEN TO US BY HIS SON.”

If you read the parable of the tenants (Matt 21:33-39) it simply says that the owner of the vineyard would send his servants (prophets) but they beat or killed them and then the owner said I will send my son. But as the other prophets they didn’t respect him either and killed him. Does this parable make any sense if Jesus came to pay a penalty?

EPHESIANS 3 : 10 “His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms(these are the created beings Satan had deceived in heaven-the war), according to his eternal purpose which he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

So the disciples were to show the manifold wisdom of God in the future, but Jesus had accomplished it at the cross by showing God’s total love. Peter talking to the disciples of Jesus said:

I just prayed the Rosary for the current situation in Iraq. I am praying for peace in the middle east.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.