Islamic Reform?

hotair.com/archives/2006/10/27/michelle-interviews-mark-steyn-part-two/

I thought comments here were educational. Seems one of the posters is or was a Muslim adherent. He doesn’t think reform is possible, that the Islamic violence we are seeing in Iraq and 9/11 IS a reform, not of the variety we would think beneficial, I’m sure.

I intend to read Mark Steyn’s book soon. I enjoy his articles in National Review.

Mimi

Whereas Christians (in particular, the Catholic Church) will discuss reform and doctrine in Councils, Synods, and among the Clerical Hierarchy; Muslims will spill their debate on the public society, and people will be effected, often terrorized, by it.

In other words, everyone in the global sphere “participates” in their theological debates. Eventually, they will see some of their errors by the outplay of it all, and thats the reform. This is the problem of the Imam/Sheikh/Sultan/Caliph-nature of Islam. Who is what? There’s no unified authority to speak to Islam with. Leadership is arbitrary. For example, even in the largest Muslim sect, Sunni Islam, who’s the highest authority? And which Sunnis are in union with that authority or fall secondary to that authority? It’s all debateable.

As long as Islam considers Mohammed to be the perfect example of a human being, it can never be reformed.

Yet the Protestant Christians don’t go around killing people or trying to conquor the world in the name of God, even though many of them have no central authority. I believe exoflare is correct in stating that as long as they think of Mohammed as the perfect example of a human being, it can never be reformed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.