Islamic State determined to strike U.S. this year, officials say

Islamic State determined to strike U.S. this year, officials say

WASHINGTON — Leaders of the Islamic State are determined to strike targets in the United States this year, senior U.S. intelligence officials said Tuesday, telling lawmakers that a small group of violent extremists will attempt to overcome the logistical challenges of mounting such an attack.

In testimony before congressional committees, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper and other officials described the Islamic State as the “pre-eminent terrorist threat.” The militant group can “direct and inspire attacks against a wide range of targets around the world,” Clapper said.

Marine Lt. Gen. Vincent Stewart, director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, said the Islamic State will probably conduct additional attacks in Europe and then attempt the same in the U.S. He said U.S. intelligence agencies believe Islamic State leaders will be “increasingly involved in directing attacks rather than just encouraging lone attackers.”

sfgate.com/nation/article/Islamic-State-determined-to-strike-U-S-this-6818920.php

This was in the news yesterday; who knows?

Given your fluid borders and a foreign policy that seems set to confuse everyone, I have no doubt that they will try. It is difficult to find a wolf clothed as a sheep in an ever increasing flock. However, America is greater than ISIS and if it could find the determination and internal courage it has lost in numerous failed involvements in the Middle East over the last 15 years, it could wipe out the threat and its logistical and command and control structures once and for all. No one will ever wipe out terrorism but it can be managed much better than the present administration’s pathetic attempts.

Truth.

Another attack of the scale of 911 has ultimately proven itself to be a difficult task for any terrorist group to replicate.
While the random attacks that ISIS-like groups are infuriating and disturbing, they are in the end not world changing events.

Perhaps they might be election-changing events. Let’s hope and pray they do not happen.

It couldn’t change the election choices into anything worse than they are right now anyway.

I read that the other day, this one of late with the Taliban …

wnd.com/2016/02/u-s-to-send-more-troops-to-afghanistan/

It couldn’t change the election choices into anything worse than they are right now anyway.

I don’t think so either, we need one sane individual, and the help wanted sign remains up, :slight_smile:

Meh.

I’m determined to lose weight this year and learn Gaelic. It’s nice to have goals.

I expect more attacks in Europe, where it’s pretty easy. We’ve been the Number 1 target for decades and they don’t exactly have a lot to show for it post-9/11.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.