Islamic State in Nigeria 'beheads Christian hostages'

The Islamic State group has released a video claiming to show the killing of 11 Christians in Nigeria.

IS said it was part of its recently declared campaign to “avenge” the death of its leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi during a US raid in Syria in October.

No details were given about the victims, who were all male, but IS says they were “captured in the past weeks” in Nigeria’s north-eastern Borno State.

Rest in peace. :latin_cross:

May those who commit atrocities against others in the name of religion be brought to earthly and heavenly justice.

Amen.

3 Likes

Praying for the Christians in Nigeria and our wonderful priests from Nigeria
who worry about their family members back in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Is the Nigerian government so weak that it allows cult statelets to establish themselves within their borders?

2 Likes

Evidently the president of Nigeria through his ancestry seems somewhat sympathetic with the terrorists if I understand correctly. The Catholic priests in Nigeria have voiced complaints about the president there and that he needs to
take a stronger stance.

1 Like

This is so very sad. Pray for their souls.

1 Like

I kind of passed by your question because the answer is so complex,

Learning about the terror group, Boko Haram is a start:

Maybe I can add more later.

One thing I do know about this case-in-hand, it happened in the Northern half of the Nation, the part that is said to be more predominated by Muslims versus the Christian-dominated South. At least, that’s my understanding.

Though, I guess, Boko Haram is not being labelled as the perpetrators of this crime in the OP.

1 Like

Yes, the Muslims pretty much dominate the northern half of the country and
the Christians have been pushed to the southern half.

Where is the outrage from our spiritual leaders, secular leaders and forum posters regarding this?

1 Like

Just because we don’t express our outrage on CAF does not mean we are not
outraged. We have been seeing stories like this for many years now. Every case
is tragic whether it is one hostage killed or twenty. I know I feel helpless. I can pray for an end to terrorism, but not much else I can do.

Unfortunately, this is true. These stories are too frequent. Even the DR (Democratic Republic of) Congo has just had some frightful stories in the past 2 days along with those out of Burkina Faso. It’s not that we are desensitized, the stories are overwhelming and not forgetting our Christian brethren in the Middle East as well.

While in DR Congo, they also face fighting the ebola virus. Stories are out on that too.

It’s like Afghanistan, bad things are happening there all the time too it seems, I don’t see how it can be straightened out.

One can almost lose track of the stories.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.