Islamic State-linked group threatens to kill French hostage in Algeria

Algiers (AFP) - An Algerian group linked to Islamic State group jihadists threatened to kill a French hostage within 24 hours unless Paris halts air strikes on the IS in Iraq, in a video posted Monday.

Jund al-Khilifa (Soldiers of the Caliphate), which has pledged allegiance to IS, said in the video that it carried out Sunday’s kidnapping of the Frenchman in a mountainous region of eastern Algeria where Al-Qaeda is active.

The hostage, Herve Pierre Gourdel, white-haired and bespectacled, is shown squatting on the ground flanked by two hooded men clutching Kalashnikov assault rifles, as he asks for French President Francois Hollande to intervene

yhoo.it/1paXvox

I don’t think the West should get intimadated by these cowards. People from the West have to stop going to these countries run by extremists nothing good can come out of it.

This will probably cause the French to be even more active against Isis. People who are wandering around Islamic counties are not very wise - to say the least.

Linus2nd

I guess this is the first I have heard of this.

What was this man doing over there?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.