Islamist plot to blow up Eiffel Tower, Louvre and nuclear power plant foiled, say French police

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/10956636/Islamist-plot-to-blow-up-Eiffel-Tower-Louvre-and-nuclear-power-plant-foiled-say-French-police.html

:eek: :rolleyes:

I wonder how the PC crowd will spin this.

“But, I know 2 Muslims, and they are nice”.

Hopefully, anecdotal evidence is avoided on this thread.

For one thing, I’m noticing the term Islamist in the title. That’s not the ordinary Muslim we all love, it’s a freedom-hating political affiliation.

This is why we need intelligence on the ground in Iraq and Syria. :yup:

Oh, and one question: Weren’t terrorists supposed to spare nations that refused to participate in the last Iraq War? I seem to recall Western liberals saying that. :o :stuck_out_tongue:

This is by far the best response to the “peaceful Muslim” argument I have ever heard.

youtube.com/watch?v=GTovydgX2NU

Praise God these attacks were foiled!

The devil never sleeps!

It seems to me with the death of bin laden things are getting worse.

That is right.
Who gives a flying fiddlers fluff that 75% of the Muslims of the world are not radicals?

It is the other 25% of the Muslim world that they need to be criticizing, and not those of us who are already criticizing that 25%, with or without their support.

Well, I guess I was right after a fashion.

We need strong leaders around the world to deal with this. Before we had Bush, the PM in britain (tony blair?), the PM of australia who were not afraid to stand up to terrorists and gave a strong message.
The terrorists don’t seem too afraid now.
It seems like they feel they have been given the go ahead!

France really made a mess of the Middle East and the Maghreb, now the chickens are coming home to roost.

How did France make a mess in the middle east?

The Sykes-Picot Agreement and further related events.

One name to remember: Neville Chamberlain

Those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it.

Whenever we’re spoon fed racial/religious hatred and/or war mongering manipulation, we would all do well to recall this quote by Hermann Goering:

“Why, of course, the people don’t want war. Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally, the common people don’t want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship . . . . the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.”

This Eiffel Tower / Nuke story will very likely be proved an operation involving CIA, Mossad, the Saudis, or some combination thereof, possibly reminiscent of the many cases here in the US of the FBI manufacturing bogus terrorists using highly suggestible individuals with mental illness and below average intelligence, and then “catching” them. Phony US “patriots” will denounce all reflective, anti-war individuals as “PC,” which is the modern day equivalent of “love it or leave it.” And the mighty Wurlitzer plays on…
:coffee:

Sure. And 9/11 was an inside job as well

You left out aliens. :rolleyes:

Well, that’s what I said on 9/11 itself, but then years later when bozos like Alex Jones sprouted up I decided to distance myself from the people who began forming a crowd and then later a “movement.” But yes, you’re more or less correct. Just as some friendly advice, and I do want to underline the word friendly, I think it’s incredibly naive to trust in newspapers when it comes to calls for war or when it comes to dehumanizing a nation’s racial enemies.

And Big Foot

You mean illegal aliens?

Well, I do live in the Pacific Northwest.

It is even more naïve to trust conspiracy theorists that make up geopolitical fantasy novels out of thin air and try and sell them as alternatives to the news. When you called patriots phony, you lost me. It seems you have a bigger political agenda than the worst of news sources.

Most of us learn through the years how to read differing news stories and sort through the wheat and the chaff.

Governments are by their very definition conspiratorial. Hopefully you understand that, at least. As far as “conspiracy theories” are concerned, that is simply a pejorative that is used to denigrate others, in this case myself. My political agenda is Jesus’ political agenda: anti-war. I encourage you to read The War Prayer by Mark Twain; he does a good job of laying out the difference between a patriot and a phony patriot.

warprayer.org/

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.